Old 07-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #11
Since the installers at the factory get paid by the pieces installed, whoever did this masterpiece of work really does not care and since he knew it would not be spotted by the quality inspectors on the assembly line - he slapped it in and walked away !

Your dealer on the other hand has got to get points for not only finding this hidden mess, but for trying to fix it. Once he gets the replacement tanks, you will probably end up with a much better plumbing job than you would have gotten from the factory. And as a bonus all your pull valves will probably work!

2014 Coachmen Brookstone 325RL
2015 Chev Silverado 2500 Diesel.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #12
Originally Posted by The_Rhino View Post

I prefer to choose one from the lot vs. ordering one - this way you get the pick of the litter & can walk-away from the lemons...

When looking at all 8 new units on the lot I found that fit & finished varied greatly from one to the next - likely depending heavily on build date & how much pressure the line was under to meet weekly quotas. I imagine the last unit finished to meet a weekly/monthly quota goal could end-up being a hot mess...

I fully agree. But in our case we wanted a specific model / floorplan hybrid that was sort of new at the time. No choice but to order from the factory. At the time we ordered there were 3 on lots this side of the Mississippi and one was a floor model at Hershey so it was out. The other two were grossly overpriced and the dealers who had them were not willing to negotiate.

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #13
To answer "why I would purchase 850 miles from home", about $10,000 difference from nearest local dealer, who is over 100 miles away. As for sight unseen, made the first of two trips to see and inspect the coach. It LOOKED good to me. As for RVOne, they did their job. They discovered that there was a leak problem the day before I arrived, BUT, since it's a 850 mile trip, I had already covered 650 miles. At that time they knew the black water tank had failed their leak test, but not why. It was only during the following day, while we were there doing our own PDI, that it became apparent that the only remedy was to replace the tank.

I have cancelled the purchase and RVOne is refunding my deposit. I'm sure RVOne could/would/will replace the tank better than new. I cancelled because I'm tired of driving 1700 mile round trips and unsure that this Georgetown doesn't have another surprise in store for me.

RVOne has been up front and diligent in trying to deliver a serviceable coach. It's Georgetown that dropped the ball. I wouldn't be afraid to deal with RVOne again, but it's unlikely that I'll be buying a Georgetown. That said, I own a Forest River Sunseeker 2300, and as I looked at the Sunseekers in Orlando, appears to me the construction quality is superior to the Georgetown. We first wanted a SS 3010. However, I need 3000# + CCC in a 30'+ coach, and there are none in a class "C".

Before someone asks, yes have weighed multiple times and know how much we carry. AND, we are buying another (additional) coach to do what we want, with what we want to carry, so don't plan to lighten the load.
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #14
I'm going to close this thread with this update. As of August 1, 2016 RVOne HAS REFUNDED my deposit as they said they would and I'm moving on to buy a non-FR motorhome manufactured by a more reputable, reliable vendor. Yea, cost more but you know why when you look closer.

My observation is that the RV industry today is much like the US automobile manufacturers the late 60's, early 70's when they assumed we would forever put up with poor quality junk that the dealers would find a way to fix. I remember buying a new 70 Chrysler New Yorker (top of the line) and one block out of the dealer's lot, clock stopped and a piece of side trim fell off into the street. A week later the front wheel bearing started growling. Went downhill from there. In the end, Toyota, Honda and Volkswagen became the preferred auto's and the Big 3 are yet to recover their lost glory.
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #15
Big 3 are making record profits now

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #16
Bring on the over seas competition ! This industry needs to slow down, and focus on QUALITY over quantity !!
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #17
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
Bring on the over seas competition ! This industry needs to slow down, and focus on QUALITY over quantity !!

gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote

georgetown, pdi