New Georgetown Owner Checking In
Recently purchased a new 2016 Georgetown XL 369DS. Bought it from Mid State RV in Macon, Georgia. Nice folks there, easy to deal with.
Have a small punch list of items that they will be working on.....
* small areas of over-spray on the exterior
* over-spray on the aluminum wheels
* few pieces of interior wood trim tape loose
* Slide trim rubbing off exterior sidewall paint
And one larger item of concern but FR has stated they will correct the issue..
* wrinkles in the roof on drivers side at front and rear where the roof material joins the sidewall material. Anyone else have this problem?
On the good side.....
* wow! the big windshield is like watching IMAX driving down the road!
* Not much wind noise. It rides smooth, similar to the air ride of a DP.
* No problem running 70mph on the highway and not much movement from passing tractor trailers. I did the CHF both front and rear but it really did not need it.
* Figured out how to make the GPS Nav work (through apps)
* Theater surround system works great
* Outside TV has plenty of volume also with its 4 speaker sound
* Residential fridge is big and has water/ice dispenser (nice when driving)
* Having 2 bathrooms is really nice, except for having 2 black tanks!
* Plenty of Storage
We did a few small upgrades like adding wall treatments, vases, and faux tile backsplashes in the bathrooms and Blue Ray DVD Player for the Bedroom TV.
Will be adding the 5 Star tuning soon (had it on my ACE and it performed great). This is a heavy coach for a gasser and you can feel it on the mountains, not sure what can be done about that, just have to live with it for the few times we drive mountainous roads. Has anyone had experience towing with one of these newer coaches? Car trailer? Motorcycle Trailer?
Here are a few pics......
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390 RB
2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 369DS (SOLD)
2012 Thor ACE (Sold)
2008 American Eagle 45H (Sold)