Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #1

New Georgetown XL 369DS Question for Georgetown Owners

Just switched over from a Coachmen Freedom Express and loving it. Many questions but the pressing one is: Where does everyone keep their sewer hose? I have two Rhino's with fittings in a black box but the main hose won't fit. We usually stay in Corp parks so most often dumping at stations. I'm looking for a tidy and creative solution! Thanks

Jon
Ohmygodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #2

On my 2012 with the full basement (larger doors) I have one compartment that is sealed off from the rear of the basement. I have my sewer hoses in a black container and keep them in there. I have the regular hoses. So not sure on the Rhino but I was looking into those as me next set of hoses.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #3
NXR

I bought a big plastic container from Target and keep it in a basement compartment. One compartment is solely for sewer and one is solely for fresh water.

We always flush it until the water is clear for a minute so I'm not too worried about cross-contamination.

Ray
Old 09-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmygodfrey View Post
Just switched over from a Coachmen Freedom Express and loving it. Many questions but the pressing one is: Where does everyone keep their sewer hose? I have two Rhino's with fittings in a black box but the main hose won't fit. We usually stay in Corp parks so most often dumping at stations. I'm looking for a tidy and creative solution! Thanks

Jon

I keep the ends connected and all three hoses I have in the back dump bay also a small bucket with the fittings
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #5

I use a plastic fence post from Lowes & glue a cap on one end to store my hose. I keep mine i the rear pass though...but others have used clamps & hangers to fasten under the coach. Nice neat solution that takes up very little space.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
drw

I bought the sewer line expandable tubes from camping world. Can get them on line. that way you can size them to the storage area. I put them in one of the under storage areas that pass all the way through. I mounted them to the top roof of the compartment. Still have room under them to store items, like chairs or corn hole boards. They are inside the storage and keep clean.
drw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #7

On the GT 31L5 there is a basement bin adjacent to the fresh-water fill bin. In that adjacent bin I keep a small tote for chemicals and a trash can (the size is like would fit under a residential kitchen sink). The trash can holds the sewer hose and fittings.

The trash can keeps the basement bin clean.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:28 AM   #8

We have a 2012 - 378. I carry a standard length Rhino as well as extention in a storage container just big enough to fit in compartment close to water/ sewer compartment. We use usually camp on sites with full hook up . Been at this for 8-9 yrs and it seems to work pretty well. I keep things washed out and the sewer ends capped when not in use to help prevent odor.
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown