Congrats on the new purchase! Did you get it from Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado, TX, by any chance? They seem to always have a great selection of GT's.
A couple questions I wanted answered based on past experiences with other RV's - these may or may not concern you, but I thought I'd throw them out there:
- Ask to see/understand manual override for slide outs. If they get stuck out, you're stuck where you are until help arrives.
- Ask about the manual override of the electric awning. Ours got stuck out on our trailer once and it was a real pain to get it in (cost of convenience with all these electric gizmo's)
- Make sure you see where the main coach power breaker is. I hear it gets tripped occasionally, I wanted to know where it is. Same with the generator breakers.
- Check each and every light - a few of ours did not work and it turned out to be loose connections and not just bulbs.
- Do a THOROUGH PDI - you'll find cabinets not quite lined up, some finish items not quite "right". Since you're dealer is hundreds of miles away, make sure you get them to take care of as much as you can before you leave TX.
I agree with the sentiment people here have mentioned in reference to the handling fix. Ours is a bear to handle, but after a while you get used to it. I would have told you it was my #1 priority the first 700 miles, but with another 800 or so on the odometer, I don't think I'll bother with it unless I'm driving it a lot more (like 10K miles/year or more).
Again, congrats. And enjoy!