Old 09-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #11

Well it took all weekend, but it looks outstanding. No issues with the slideouts what so ever. We had plenty of clearance, but I took the extra precaution of reaching out to my RV mechanic and Forrest River. At First Forrest River mentioned that we may have to re-adjust the main slide out to allow for clearance, but left it up to us to test first. After many tests we simply did not find any clearance issue and at the end all agreed that the number one issue that people had with laminate/wood floor was that stuff get's stuck when you pull in the slideout and then it scratched the floor. The solution was simply brilliant(from Forrest River) and costs about $8. Get a 12 foot by 1 1/2 foot piece of carpet and put it upside down when you are bringing in the slide out and let it slide with the slideout to push anything in the way out of the way. It end up under the slide out, but that's okay as it prevents anything else from sliding in and since we cut it to size it's not in the way.

Here are the pictures. What do you think?
RV Laminate Floor - a set on Flickr

Old 09-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

E-man, here's one of your pictures. Looks great!

Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Very nice. Now I know what it would look like when I decide to do mine.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #14

Thanks, ependydad it not sure why my attach image didn't work. What's the trick to attach an image? It asks for a URL and I paste the flicker url, but it doesn't display, just a broken picture.

Trying it again here

Thanks cfsoistman
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #15

Okay inserting an image works from the iphone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4189680382.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	39166   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2915130399.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	39167   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2449609482.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	39168   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-780521870.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	39169  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #16

Great job!
How was the flooring attached? Glue? Nails?
Did you have any other option on the plastic edge piece that I see on the slid?

Could you have used a strip of wood that is normally used between carpet and tile?

It looks like the slide doesn't drop down into place flush anymore. I see a lip between the slide and the inside floor.

Thanks

PS
They have teflon strips you can attach under the slide from the outside at 3 or 4 places that will reduce scratching the floor.

Or you can buy a set of these slickers and may be a little better.
Slide-Out Slicker Protectors

More on RV Slickers
http://www.trailerlife.com/trailer-h...eout-slickers/

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #17

That is nice!!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
Thanks, ependydad it not sure why my attach image didn't work. What's the trick to attach an image? It asks for a URL and I paste the flicker url, but it doesn't display, just a broken picture.

Trying it again here

Thanks cfsoistman
The difference is what you are pointing the "IMG" thing at. In the case of what you provided which is the web page address of the page that contains the image:
http : //www.flickr.com/photos/18477118@N06/9663767523/

Versus the URL of the image itself:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2808/9...2a194593ab.jpg

Click on both of them and compare the differences. You'll see the first one takes you to the full flickr "web page" where the second one only shows you the image.

Flickr tries to be helpful with this "share" icon at the bottom of the black image box area:

Name:   Flickr - Share Image.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  20.1 KB

You're supposed to be able to click that and then choose "HTML BBCode" as the share type and it gives you a fully shareable block to copy and paste:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flickr - Share Image 2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	39181

Which gives us the hilarity that ensues when a little man thinks he's big "stuff":

Standing! by dougsetzer, on Flickr
Old 09-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #19

Thanks Iggy, but I had the crew that did my house do this one. It was not as expensive as I thought and they do a far better job than I ever could. They used Glue on all the edges only, believe it or not the entire middle is just held together by interlocking everything together and it's solid.

The big discussion was around the slide out edge. After much discussion the crew decided to use "reducers" on the slide out edge and the base going out towards the slideout which when added together made for a very nice transition and linked everything together. They kept the plastic covering that was exposed when we removed the carpet and fully extended the slide out. They wanted to allow access to the slideout screws should we need to remove or access the screws that were there.

The results was a better look which allowed us functional access to the slide out for repairs.

You know the slide was never flush, the carpet hid the fact that it had a 2 inch gap that made it look like it was flush. When we added the furniture it looks great as that part was not a walking part as well. I'll post a new picture of the new furniture added as we went big on this one....
Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #20

Oh thank you, that clears it up...

I'll give it a try...