Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #21

lostdog

who did you buy your 378 from. was it a local dealer? we are just over a hour north of you. in Midway Ga.

Thanks John
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcts43 View Post
lostdog

who did you buy your 378 from. was it a local dealer? we are just over a hour north of you. in Midway Ga.

Thanks John
Dick Gore RV, real close to the airport in North Jax. They have a web site. forgot to say that they have a 378, in the new firemist color, in stock.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Lostdog, our rig left the factory yesterday 24th, and we are scheduled to take delivery Saturday. We are giving the dealer our trade tomorrow (Weds) and they are transferring the almost new Wineguard Automatic Satellite Dish.

Hope you get yours soon!! We are really excited.

fbconsuts
(Forrest and Donna)
Ours. also. Hoping to get the call today from the dealer saying "it's in".
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 01-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Ours. also. Hoping to get the call today from the dealer saying "it's in".
Got the call, pick it up tomorrow (Thursday). Looking forward to the 4 hour PDI I do!
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #25

Chuck

We have a Dick Gore off I-95 in Savannah. We are about 30 miles south of them.
I saw the 378 on their site.
If you get a chance please call at 1-912-884-2261.

Thanks John
Old 01-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Got the call, pick it up tomorrow (Thursday). Looking forward to the 4 hour PDI I do!
GOT IT!!! Did a 3.5 hour PDI, found little problems, hooked up the wrangler toad and away we go......to the storage lot. Oh well, looks like the first weekend trip will be into Georgia and not till Feb. Happy-Happy!
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 01-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #27

Congraulations on the pick up. We will be down to Jacks week after next.

John
Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #28

Lostdog, congrats!! Ours didn't arrive in CA until Friday afternoon late, so they didn't get a chance to check it out or move the satellite dish. We did go down this morning to visit it and take a test drive. Of course we found a few items to make sure they fix before we pick it up on Tues. Then will head out for a short shake down cruise before a week or so on the road. Good Luck, keep us posted on your adventures!!

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #29

We spent yesterday and today personalizing the inside and outside. You know....finding a spot for everything. I also put up a TP holder and a towel ring in the bath, and installed three wire shelves in one of the "closets". We don't need all that much hanging space for clothes.

But...I've got a question: How do you get the steps to retract and stay up when you leave the coach in storage. I've heard about the magnet trick but I can't seem to make it work.
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #30

Congratulations to all of you who have already acquired their Georgetowns! We actually closed on the deal today for our new used 2010 330TS. We do the PDI this coming Wednesday! The first real trip we will be making will be to the FMCA Rally in Perry in March. We are really looking forward to it! A question for all you veteran Georgetown owners. How do you find traveling in the mountains? I always hear how much better a diesel is, but with the prices now, I couldn't justified spending all that extra money.
jshields13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #31

This past Sept we took a trip to Colorado with some friends that have pushers, and when we went from Silverton to Moad, UT I was leading the way and was afraid I was holding them up, but when we got to Moab, my cousin said his wife was wondering why I was going so slow up the mountains, and said he had his on the floor too! So its going to do ok up mountains. Just slow.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #32

Thought so. My old Class C had the V-10 and did the same thing. It was slow but make it up all the mountains. I waved at all the trucks that passed me!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #33

Hey all, I just picked up my new 2011 378, and drove it home via Cajon Pass in So Cal, had a 35 mph headwind, it is a 6% grade, set the cruise on 58mph, and it never slowed down. I had a 8.1 GM in my last rig, and when I test drove the new one, I thought the GM had more power, but after climbing that pass, it went faster than the old one.

In my experience, with this being my 6th class A, I have always, since the first 8.1, I have passed diesels coming and going. They may have some advantages, but I like the gas. By the way, the new Ford Chassis 2011, really handles and rides better than my Workhorse did.

Happy Trails

fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Hey all, I just picked up my new 2011 378, and drove it home via Cajon Pass in So Cal, had a 35 mph headwind, it is a 6% grade, set the cruise on 58mph, and it never slowed down. I had a 8.1 GM in my last rig, and when I test drove the new one, I thought the GM had more power, but after climbing that pass, it went faster than the old one.

In my experience, with this being my 6th class A, I have always, since the first 8.1, I have passed diesels coming and going. They may have some advantages, but I like the gas. By the way, the new Ford Chassis 2011, really handles and rides better than my Workhorse did.

Happy Trails

fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Congrats....we have yet to take any trips of length. And living in North Florida we won't be seeing a large hills for awhile. Although we are taking the rig down to St Augustine Camping World this Saturday to have a winegard sat dish installed and we will be climbing and decending a large steep bridge with a significant grade. I read the Ford manual and I will use the tow/haul mode with the cruise set and see how it does. Suppose to more effectively maintain speed going up and then down. We shall see....
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #35

We picked up our new (used) 2010 330TS on Wednesday and drove it home yesterday. No hills were I live, but it did great. I like to stay between 60 and 65 for the best gas mileage (?) and had to hold it back from doing 70!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #36

I was really impressed with the difference using the tow/haul feature, it makes a significant difference in the pulling power of the coach.

We are heading to San Diego for a week's shakedown cruise Sunday, then to Anza Borrego State Park for four days. Really looking forward to using it.

I am disappointed in a few things. First, there are no compartment lights. I can't believe they would cheap out on something so useful. Also, the lack of wall light switches is really aggravating. My wife has to use a wooden dowel to turn them on and off.

I think if they would listen to their customers and spend a few hundred dollars more on a coach, they would see dividends in sales and customer satisfaction.

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #37
Kanadian Kamper

Forrest......

As soon as we get our rig back, there are some mods I'm going to make.

As far as compartment lights...........IF we arrive anywhere after dark, it would probably be due to situations beyond our control or poor planning on our part and pushing too far for the day's travel. But undoubtedly it will happen. I figure if it does, there are only a few essential compartments I'm going to really need access to under the cover of darkness. The shore line cord one, the water/sewer one, and maybe the propane one. These ones are the minmum for getting the services you expect for full service camping. I'm planning on possibly hooking into some 12V source for compartment lights which would be connected to my parking lights. No need for a flashlight, just a temporary feed while the parking lights are on, and then they're off when I kill the parking lights.

Not sure where all the lights are that your wife can't reach without a wall switch. Our unit is well equipped with wall switches for all the lights, except for a few extra ceiling lights in the bedroom, which are overkill for lighting in there. The only inconvenience for my wife is the power switch for the stock fan unit in the bathroom.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown