Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #1

New on order

Mornin' all. We are new to this forum. We were active 5th wheel RV'ers but have now ordered a 2011 378TS in the FireMist color. Should take delivery last of Jan or first of Feb. We are really looking forward to be an active member of this forum.

Lostdog

(Chuck & Terri)
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Welcome baoard and congrats on the beautiful rig.

Fortunately you live in the South where you can get the most out of your rig. Love your layout and the color scheme on the exterior.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #3

to the forums and congrats on the new rig. Hope you have a great deal of enjoyment with it.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #4

Congrats on the new rig on order. Just came from Mayport Naval Station RV park.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
If yours hasn't been built yet and you didn't get the front power shade option, you might think about it. we don't have it in our 2011 378,TS but our friends do and it is really nice. Also, I think and automatic transfer switch for the generator is now an option. PLus ice and water in the refer door instead of just water is also an option now, although it probably takes up more freezer space. I can tell you we sure love our 378. I believe for the money, Georgetown is just about the best bang for your buck. I was pleasantly surprised by the Ford V10 after owning a Dodge Cummins and fifthwheel for the past five years.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #6

Congratulations on your new Gergetown. we have the 2008 Georgetown 378 and think its great. we have taken it across the states to the west coast and also down to Florida every winter. Its perfect for two people to live in it for an extended time. Be sure you check everything out while its in warranty. We also took out an extended warranty and had to use it once so far. It is a good motorhome for the money and the 378 layout gives you all the room in the living area which is great. And the fireplace works great for extra heat.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #7

Congrats.. we just purchases a 2011 360f. It looks great and we are looking forward to spring to get it on the road. It was in stock and we are making a few changes..like removing the king bed and taking out the oven and installing washer dryer.
Good luck and have a fun.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo45 View Post
If yours hasn't been built yet and you didn't get the front power shade option, you might think about it. we don't have it in our 2011 378,TS but our friends do and it is really nice. Also, I think and automatic transfer switch for the generator is now an option. PLus ice and water in the refer door instead of just water is also an option now, although it probably takes up more freezer space. I can tell you we sure love our 378. I believe for the money, Georgetown is just about the best bang for your buck. I was pleasantly surprised by the Ford V10 after owning a Dodge Cummins and fifthwheel for the past five years.
Thanks for the input. I went to the dealer and asked about the power shade option. He called Gary at FR and was told that the power shade was now standard on this model. Good news! I did order the transfer switch on the orginal order, so that's good. We didn't get the ice in the door option. We never use the ice in the door at our stick n brick house so we would not have used it in the MH.

Thanks again for the input.....we've got about a month to go till delivery!!!

Lostdog
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Old 01-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
Canadian Georgetown 369XL

Congrats on your new unit

Can anyone shed some light on the new automatic transfer switch for the generator

What does this option do?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Pete

Welcome and Congratulations!

I hope you enjoy your coach as much as we have enjoyed ours. As stated above, it's a great MH for the dollars expended.

The generator transfer switch allows you to run the generator without having to plug it into the plug-in recepticle in your cord storage compartment while traveling; and then unplugging and plugging into shore power while camping. We had it on our 2006 GT and really liked it. Don't know why it wasn't standard on our 2010 GT 378TS.

Once again, enjoy it and camp as much as you can.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #11

Ours must have come with the automatic transfer switch as we don't have to plug anything in when using the generator. Most options that are listed now for the Georgetown were standard back in 2008.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #12

congratulation to you and me

Im new here also,just bought on dec 31-2010,a Georgetown 338 s 2010,
exchanged an everest 345s and a gmc 3500,i find that travelling a fifth-wheel is a pain,plus you need to have a camping to stay every night,compare to a motorhome,
im taking delivery of my unit on this coming friday,and hope i made a good choice,
happy new year to every one
remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gartonhl View Post

I hope you enjoy your coach as much as we have enjoyed ours. As stated above, it's a great MH for the dollars expended.

The generator transfer switch allows you to run the generator without having to plug it into the plug-in recepticle in your cord storage compartment while traveling; and then unplugging and plugging into shore power while camping. We had it on our 2006 GT and really liked it. Don't know why it wasn't standard on our 2010 GT 378TS.

It wasn't standard on my 2011 378TS or even an option at the time mine was built. I have a Surge Guard Automatic transfer switch/surge protection for $244.15 including shipping on order and will put it where the plug-in box is now. I got it from Dyers RV and Trailer online, that is the cheapest price I could find.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gartonhl View Post

Okay......I'm a little confused about the transfer switch and the real benefit. In our unit, the shore cord plugs into the recepticle in the cord storage compartment if you want to power the coach from the genny. If you don't want to use the genny, just leave the plug loose in the compartment. Upon arrival at a park with services, you unplug and connect to 30 or 50 amp service.

Seems to me, either way, whether you have a transfer switch or not, you're going to have to go into this compartment to get the cord to connect with shore power.

What am I missing?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Okay......I'm a little confused about the transfer switch and the real benefit. In our unit, the shore cord plugs into the recepticle in the cord storage compartment if you want to power the coach from the genny. If you don't want to use the genny, just leave the plug loose in the compartment. Upon arrival at a park with services, you unplug and connect to 30 or 50 amp service.

Seems to me, either way, whether you have a transfer switch or not, you're going to have to go into this compartment to get the cord to connect with shore power.

What am I missing?
Yes, you do have to plug into shore power when arriving at a campground, but upon leaving you don't have to remember to plug it in to the generator recepticle, which I have done. Also, in the event of a power failure you simply start the generator from inside the camper, no need to go outside and switch the plug. My switch also contains a surge protector which can cost more than I paid for the switch and surge protector combo. I think it is well worth the money. Once I got everything together it only took about 1-1/2 hour to install it. It took about an hour to remove the old recepticle and mounting board.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #16

Don, does your switch/surge protector handle 50 amps?
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyGeorgetown330TS View Post
Don, does your switch/surge protector handle 50 amps?
Yes, that is what its made for. You run the wires from the 50 amp plug and the wires from generator in the top and the load wires that were originally connected thru junction box to the 50 amp plug to the bottom. It will prioritize the generator. So if you are hooked to shore power and start the generator it will automatically switch to it after a 30 second delay.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Mornin' all. We are new to this forum. We were active 5th wheel RV'ers but have now ordered a 2011 378TS in the FireMist color. Should take delivery last of Jan or first of Feb. We are really looking forward to be an active member of this forum.

Lostdog

(Chuck & Terri)
Hey Lostdog, our coaches were built yesterday!! I hope they don't bump together on the way to the paint shop!!

fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Hey Lostdog, our coaches were built yesterday!! I hope they don't bump together on the way to the paint shop!!

fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
YEA, but we will get ours sooner 'cause yours has to go all the way to California, ours to north Florida...ha ha
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #20

Getting ours Saturday

Lostdog, our rig left the factory yesterday 24th, and we are scheduled to take delivery Saturday. We are giving the dealer our trade tomorrow (Weds) and they are transferring the almost new Wineguard Automatic Satellite Dish.

Hope you get yours soon!! We are really excited.

fbconsuts
(Forrest and Donna)
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown