Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

New Owner Georgetown 34H5 - where do you put

Where do you put electronics accessories?

I have Wifi Ranger
LTE cell booster
Tire Mgmnt radio booster

In my small class C this was all under the dinette seat because 12V power was under there. In the Georgetown, things are much more hidden away.

Before, I ran wires under the coach using blue smurf plastic conduit as wire protection. (Cat 6 & coax) Also, I didn't puncture the roof this way.

Can I put this stuff in a "basement" compartment? How do I get 12V power in there, etc.

I am hoping that one of you more experienced guys can tell me what you did.
sstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #2

There should be a 12 volt power outlet in the pass through under the outside TV. It's across from and lower than the electrical and USB/HDMI plugs.
TominVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:57 PM   #3

That’s a good start. I’ll look into that location.

Any other opinions
sstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:07 PM   #4

I am not familiar with the layout of your coach, but in my 2014 Georgetown 328TS I mounted my TPMS repeater in a closet in the bedroom. I got the 12V power from a light underneath the cabinet where the television is mounted, and next to the closet. I added a switch so doesn't need to be powered except when driving.

This repeater location was close to the dinghy, which is where I was having problems with drop-outs. Since installing the repeater there, I have not lost signal to any of the 10 tires being monitored.
WayneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:51 AM   #5
NXR

That's a great idea, Wayne. I've got the 34H5 on order and one nice thing about it is that the bedroom TV is actually hinged at the top. You lift up on the bottom of the TV and it has a hidden storage area behind it with the "shock absorbers" holding the TV in place. I never looked closely at it to see how the ventilation is but it could be big enough to mount the wireless components vertically to a board or similar.

Ray
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown