Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 06:37 PM   #1

New Refrigerator

The temperature in our 15 year old Dometic was fluctuating more than ever so I installed a Frigidaire 10 cubic foot residential unit.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidair...22QW/205423847
Only had to make a 1/2" cut on the right side trim for a good fit. The delivery guys installed it into the cubby hole for me so that was a great surprise. (I did give them $10 each after the fact) We don't boon dock so as of now have not added an invertor. Maybe someday but not now. I wrapped the access door with foil bubble wrap secured with foil tape. I made two cleats to keep the unit from sliding forward and two more in the back to keep it stable. The rear cleats have a block pinching down on the frame. Here are some pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S6001233.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	115147

Name:	S6001238.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	115148

Name:	S6001235.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	115149

2001 Georgetown 346S
CHF, Roadmaster Stabilizer
5 Star Tuner, Ultra RV Trac Bar
Bob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
The temperature in our 15 year old Dometic was fluctuating more than ever so I installed a Frigidaire 10 cubic foot residential unit.
Frigidaire 10 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator in White, ENERGY STAR-FFET1022QW - The Home Depot
Only had to make a 1/2" cut on the right side trim for a good fit. The delivery guys installed it into the cubby hole for me so that was a great surprise. (I did give them $10 each after the fact) We don't boon dock so as of now have not added an invertor. Maybe someday but not now. I wrapped the access door with foil bubble wrap secured with foil tape. I made two cleats to keep the unit from sliding forward and two more in the back to keep it stable. The rear cleats have a block pinching down on the frame. Here are some pictures.

Attachment 115147

Attachment 115148

Attachment 115149
Thank Bob,

That is a nice upgrade. I currently have the gas/electric refrigerator in my 2016 GT 352QS. It will be fine for me now since we will do much boondocking in the next few years. However, I may want to switch it out like yours when I settle down. I was wondering about the ability to do so, but now, you already gave me the answer without asking.

Thank again and hope you enjoy the new frig.
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator