Old 05-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #1

New to Forum and accepting delivery of 2016 364TS

today in about an hour. Looking forward to heading out with the wife and kids this weekend for a quick trip. Any suggestions on clubs to join for a younger family in the Phoenix area?

Old 05-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #2

Welcome denveer.
First thing on your next login update your profile signature with where you are located. This helps others in your area.

You are the first to take delivery of a 2016 so pictures would be nice.

Only suggestions would be go out and enjoy yourselves and test everything and examine all the systems.
Find and look at your coach batteries.
Find and examine your hydraulic system.
Test all your TV's and sound system.
Test all your AC units and heating system.
Test stove, oven microwave.
Use lots of water when flushing and when ready to leave plan on doing 1 or 2 full cleanouts of the tanks to insure the valves work and the black tank flushout works.
Check all lights and switches, shower, sinks, and anything else you may think about.
Make a list of things not working or needs attention by your dealer.

Looking forward in hearing what you learned as well as many questions you can ask and post here.

Have fun is the main thing you must learn and don't get stressed out on the small stuff.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:17 AM   #3

Congrats of the new MH and Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to ask questions and IGGY is and has a ton of knowledge. Do not hesitate to post questions we all started new at some time and you will find everyone here willing to help..
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:02 AM   #4

Check out Good SAMs in the Phoenix area. There is likely an FMCA Chapter in the Phoenix area as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum. I am a fairly new member too and have learned so much from reading the posts. I can't help you with specifics about the Phoenix area but I can wish you happy times in your RV.
2 adults, 3 cats
Camped in 2015: 44 days
elabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by denveer View Post
today in about an hour. Looking forward to heading out with the wife and kids this weekend for a quick trip. Any suggestions on clubs to join for a younger family in the Phoenix area?
I live in Surprise AZ NW of Phoenix a few miles.
How about we start a FROG chapter here in Phoenix.
We have plenty of places to campout just need to start by getting a few rigs together and decide on a location for a long weekend to start.
What do you think about that?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:05 AM   #7

Thanks everyone. It's been a hectic few days so I haven't been able to get back on here.
We headed out to a local campground to try everything out and geek out for the weekend. I did notice a few things that I needed to have the dealer look at and fix. The first thing was when I was taking my shower in the master bathroom I looked up and you could see an air space at the skylight. It looks as though it is held down with two way tape so I told the dealer to make sure they caulk it in. The only other problem I noticed was that the leveling jack system needs calibrated. It was saying I was level but the rig still leaned downhill towards the drivers seat.
Anthem RV is taking care of all warranty issues and they have been great to deal with. I am looking forward to getting back out in it again. The kids cant wait either and they especially love the bunk beds. There isnt a lot of storage in it or below in the attic. There is wasted space that isnt used behind the TV in the bedroom. I assume I could knock it out and put a cabinet in just like is in the galley behind the TV.
Iggy that is a great idea with starting a FROG chapter here in the Phoenix area. I am in the Mesa area. I am new to RVing as we just had bought our first RV back in december, a 2006 Sunseeker 2860. We decided we wanted something nicer and larger for our family so we were able to swap out without getting to upside down.
I will get my profile updated shortly.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:54 AM   #8

Congrats on the new rig! Buying our 351DS was one of the best decisions we've ever made. The layout and the bunk beds are what sold us.

I always follow the 364TS threads because I can see us eventually buying one.
BTW... One of my daughter's first words was "RV".