Old 12-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #11

kdcamper, the 377 xl is the model that I'm looking at. I'm soooooooo jealous! Please keep posting, with pics of course!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #12

Thanks for the info I'm not sure why anybody would go without the tvss protection, I even have one on our house to protect all the electronics. I seem to have trained myself to look down the road further I think it helps when you drive motorcycles and snowmobiles to see further down the road to prevent accidents, I will check out the CHF, not sure about the tpms as the one I have on my truck drives me nuts with the large temp drops we have in Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 12-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #13

Just wandering what to expect for fuel mileage, I know that everybody drives differently.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #14

We pull a 2013 Ford Explorer and I try to stay around 2600 rpms that equates to about 65MPH. I average between 7 - 9.5 mpg. Planning number for us is 8 mpg. So far have not been disappointed. You may get much bigger reported numbers but that is realistic.

The CHF is great. Not sure about your mechanical background but it is fairly straightforward.

Also, didn't mean to write a thesis just wanted to share.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #15

I did not think it was a thesis, I thought it has lots of info, need as much as I can, as for the last 25 years we have always pulled 5ers and tt. So sending, thanks.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #16

kdcamper - have fun. Went from TT to Class A - love it.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #17
Fulltime in our Berkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
kdcamper - nice choice. Before I shoot you the CHF info - let me say it again - Fight the urge to go and ensure the dealer does his thing. As I learned and as I've advise spend $300 and buy a hardwired surge protector. I bought the Progressive Industry EMS-LCHW50. You've purchased a great house on wheels - spend another $300 to make sure flaky or fluctuating power at a campground doesn't fry your great gizmos. I'll also bet if you take it with you to walk through they'll install for free.

One more recommendation. Spend another $250 and protect one of the most important systems on your new home - tires. When I was pulling my TT I was constantly checking and worrying about my tire pressure - but I wasn't riding on them. After I began driving my home, I kept thinking having visions of blowouts while driving 70 mph down a busy interstate. I bought TST 507RV Tire Pressure & Temperature Monitoring System. No more blowout nightmares.

Now the simple question you asked about CHF. To boil it out, it simply acts to stiffen the torsion bars that generally control the side to side movement of your home. As I've come to understand, the chassis comes setup for general use and at the outside of the two holes of the torsion bar holes. The CHF simply shortens and consequential stiffens these torsion bars and thus reduces the side to side sway. Your new home won't seem to wander so much. Anyway there is LOT on this but this link comes with pics.

Cheap Handling Fix - Page 3 - iRV2 Forums

There are also some new driver videos and lots of tips. Forty years ago I drove a military heavy equipment transport (big a.. tractor/flat bed) but I'd forgotten one of the best tips. Don't drive looking at the immediate front of your coach - drive looking down the road a bit. Really stops the fidgeting.

Sorry for the elongate response but as you can tell I feel very strongly about the tire and electrical adders. Spending about $550 to protect your home and family is cheap.

Enjoy - we do!!!
I fully agree with both suggestions !! Life/camper savers. Sure would be nice if those were "standard" options. Very important stuff.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #18

X2 on wishing they were standard options

&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #19

bigben were did you purchase your tpms from

Old 12-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #20

kdcamper - we bought them from a little company called Great RV Products. The owner is a RVer and works very well with you. So when you email or call the company you get the owner.

I bought the TST 507RV model.

Here is the link: TST 507RV TPMS INFO

PS: Not sure of his pricing but he will meet any online price that you find.

Tags
motorhome