Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #11

Another thing you might consider Zaine...

How cold does it usually get in your area and do you really want to put up your MH for the winter season or do you plan on going out on weekends?

Where do you store your MH? At your house? Do you have 30/50AMP Shore power there (or at least 110V?)

We live in the south so freezing is not too big a issue (although we have had a couple of cold nights!) We also like to go out for a weekend getaway during the winter months so here is what we do (YMMV

We had a electrician come in and install a 50AMP recepticle near our RV pad (this way we can run everything in the unit - which includes a nice fireplace
we keep our tank heaters on (believe this will translate to your arctic pack)
we have a space heater we keep on in the unit - it has a "Anti-freeze" feature: if the air temp drops below 45 deg, the unit will come on until ambiant temps are 50 deg - this keeps the upper pipes from any freezing danger.

When we are ready to go out, we disconnect, slides in, and off we go! If we camp in a area that is colder (like going to the mountains for the weekend) we leave the space heater on when we go out for the day - saves out propane and uses the park electricity >;-)

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
itch'n to road trip

alparmmer...great diagram!! I may print this out and keep for our new WP25ULA!! I get it!!

Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #13

I created winterizing procedures for Zaine since he has the exact same coach as ours. If anyone else is interested I can clean it up and put some illustrations, etc. and post it here. The winterizing procedures that comes with the 351DS are generic and confusing and do not mention anything about the residential fridge.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I created winterizing procedures for Zaine since he has the exact same coach as ours. If anyone else is interested I can clean it up and put some illustrations, etc. and post it here. The winterizing procedures that comes with the 351DS are generic and confusing and do not mention anything about the residential fridge.
That would be great, Al. I have a pretty good grip on what to do, but having a reference for this coach would be great. And I agree - the info from the manufacturer is pretty much worthless - it has very little information specific to this coach. In fact, the documentation that came with ours includes a fair amount of references to towable units, which of course has *nothing* to do with our coach.

Would love to see your handiwork, and if you're feeling generous, you might share it with your selling dealer to be a help to others that buy that coach.

-Mike
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
That would be great, Al. I have a pretty good grip on what to do, but having a reference for this coach would be great. And I agree - the info from the manufacturer is pretty much worthless - it has very little information specific to this coach. In fact, the documentation that came with ours includes a fair amount of references to towable units, which of course has *nothing* to do with our coach.

Would love to see your handiwork, and if you're feeling generous, you might share it with your selling dealer to be a help to others that buy that coach.

-Mike
I got the procedures done...was a little bored today. I'll post the document on a new thread.