Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Forest River paid for the alignment on our Georgetown.
I sent an email to John Armstrong and told him I would get the alignment checked.
If it is off will F.R. pay? He told me if it needs it send me the bill and we will send a check. They did.

Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #12

Get under the hood and make sure you know all the check points.
also get a flashlight and look under the moterhome for anything that looks out of place
like hoses that are not secured or blistering, leakes, things hanging down.
I know this is a new machine but
you don't have to be an expert to see poor workmanship.
All these things have to be repaired befor the 1 year warrenty is up
because after that its your baby and you'll be paying for all those little things witch could add up to some real money.
Good Luck !!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #13
Anacortesians

We have an '02 Georgetown we bought in 2010 from the original owners. They had spent a lot of money keeping it in good shape and we're the benficiaries. It had 12.800 miles on it when we bought it and only 48 hours on the generator.

We've found that construction and engineering design quality are OK, but not spectacular, but for the price we paid, we're adequately satisfied. I guess just above mediocre quality for a just less than mediocre price is overall not too bad.

With luck, Georgetown has got its production engineering a bit better organised than when ours was built. I'm finding a lot of what we engineers call "chewing gum and bailing wire" things in our rig. If other things hadn't happened (a water leak in the dinette slide-out) I might not have noticed.

I wish you luck with your rig and hope you have many enjoyable experiences, like we have had, and not too many "oh s--t things (which we've also had). On balance, Georgetown has been an acceptable experience, not like our earlier Class C. I figured that the average night out with that pile of c==p cost about $400. You can get very nice hotel accomodation for that kind of money.

We love the lifestyle, particularly in this part of the world and we'll keep our GT325 until we can't drive any longer. At 71, I'm hoping that's at least 7 or 8 years away.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #14

Part of the excitement of the gorgeous new 360 is learning the systems. Unfortunately that can also be very frustrating part of new RV ownership. An example, you are going down the highway with the fridge running on propane, not electric. I am on my second motor home and I thought I knew all when I took. delivery of my 2011 330TS. Guess what, me and my dear wife (DW) had alot to learn on the new rig. Best advice in previous posts is physically "DO" each item as your dealer goes through your PDI. Turn on the generator, the furnace, water pump, AC units in back and front of coach and so on and on, don't just listen and say "OK". Go by your schedule and time allotted, not the dealer. Take all day if need be. Tip the tech that goes over everything with you and ask him/her if they would mind if you called them if you had a question (get their cell number), much quicker and easier than through dealer service dept. Finally, best advice of all, GET THAT WHEEL Alignment! That is one of the things I did right. Good Luck and Many Many Happy and Safe Miles of Adventure and Fun!!!
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #15

We are getting closer to delivery, it will be this week. a "transport" driver is bringing it to me. I hope this person knows everything and has patience! My fear is that it arrives at night when I can not see everything I need to. We plan to stay in the MH in the driveway for 2 nites until we head out for an overnight.
I saw a water filter mentioned, that the tank has shavings in it. What kind of filter is this and where exactly do you install it? So much to learn! We bought a video and watched that, read 2 books. But the test is in actually doing it yourself!
So many helpful hints here and I am so appreciative. I will take pics of the new rig once we get it here.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #16

Great, were looking foward to it too
We would like to know if Forrest River has upgraded there QC
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #17

Taking in everything ya'll are telling me. I got a BIG 3 ring binder that is filling up with helpful hints and knowledge. It gives me peace of mind

It has been fun picking out all the things to go in the new home. Trying to find the appropriate cover tonight.

I got my "good" waterhose! Bought the pressure thingy to control the psi at campgrounds

Still pondering the surge protector. Not sure if I have a 50 amp connected to the 30 amp and the surge protector is a 50 amp, if that combo works. They are expensive and then I need a lock so it does not get stolen

Thanks again!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinasgirl View Post
We are getting closer to delivery, it will be this week. a "transport" driver is bringing it to me. I hope this person knows everything and has patience! My fear is that it arrives at night when I can not see everything I need to. We plan to stay in the MH in the driveway for 2 nites until we head out for an overnight.
I saw a water filter mentioned, that the tank has shavings in it. What kind of filter is this and where exactly do you install it? So much to learn! We bought a video and watched that, read 2 books. But the test is in actually doing it yourself!
So many helpful hints here and I am so appreciative. I will take pics of the new rig once we get it here.
Have you checked with your dealer about WHO will provide the PDI?

The water filter is in the compartment on the street side just in front of the rear wheels. It's a sticks and bricks type filter. I bought a package of 2 PUR filters at WalMart, already used 1.

And now for the next phase of your adventure.

Which half of we will be driving your 360 and will the other half be navigating OR driving your car?

Here are some simple rules (3) to maybe help you in the next few weeks.

1.NEVER backup.
2. Always be aware of UP (what are you about to take the top off of your new motorhome with). ESPECIALLY in your neighborhood, the trees will be much lower.
3 NEVER violate rule #1.

Now that you've been thinking about your car.

BIG QUESTION: Is it possible to tow it with ALL 4 wheels on the ground?
Most manual transmission can.
Most automatic can't, some Saturn (BOO on GM for killing them), Honda CRV can, lots of towed resources on this and other forums.

Personally I chose to keep my daily driver (Mini CooperS automatic) and use a tow dolly.

Now back to the rules.
I always have jb out of the HM and directing me when backing up.
A few weeks ago a gentleman was trying to help. I STOPPED and could hear him saying come on back... I DID NOT! jb told him "he wont he can't see you in his mirrors or the backup camera", he moved and I continued backing up.

If/when you find yourself in that impossable position and have to back up with you car hooked up.
You might as well unhook, you just can't back more than a few feet with your towed hooked up.

ab&jb
Old 12-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #19

advice: Pick up a pair of walkie talkies (Sam's Club or Costco) like Motorola. Really handy to have. For example when backing into a campsite, the outside person can relay infomation - like the trees are too low for the driver's side slide - from positions where your back up camera can't pick up the voice. Also handy when one person is in another part of the campground (at the playground with the children and lunch is ready). Yes you could use your cell phones - except that cell coverage doesn't always work.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #20

Excited about this!

These are the new ceramic floors. With 2 dogs, I think I will like these.

Hope I like this oven. Saw the recommendation about the pizza stone