Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #1

(new to us) 05 Georgetown SE electrical issues

We've moved up from tents to pop ups to travel trailers and last week I bought a 2005 Georgetown SE with 27k on the clock. Almost everything works as it should. however the Shurflo remote control vent fan will not function. In the course of removing it, a hot 12v wire got loose and hit ground. POOF! No more power! Even worse, it took out both the a/c thermostats!

I've triple checked every fuse under the steps and can't find one shot. I have pulled out what little hair I have trying to locate the fuse for this circuit.

I know Forest River is of NO help, but can anyone tell me where to find this fuse????
2011 Kia Soul+ (dinghy)
thewheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:16 PM   #2

Coach fuses and circuit breakers are often in the back bedroom behind a brown plastic cover in Georgetowns a little bit newer than yours. Try that.

Walking the dog at the moment so cannot look it up now.
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
Coach fuses and circuit breakers are often in the back bedroom behind a brown plastic cover in Georgetowns a little bit newer than yours. Try that.

Walking the dog at the moment so cannot look it up now.
Mine are mainly on the foot of the bed, next to the circuit breaker panel. I have no idea how long they've done that, though.

Ray
Old 10-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #4

My 1998 Georgetown had the fuse and breaker box on the base of the bed. My 2014 is the same
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #5

GOT IT! Man, they hid them little buggers! I'm used to the travel trailer having them right out there where you can see 'em and my Clipper has a light that comes on next to the fuse that is blown! Nevertheless, I found the bad fuse and we're cooling again!

Thanks for your rapid and accurate response!!!!
2011 Kia Soul+ (dinghy)
Old 10-27-2019, 01:49 PM   #6

We have a 2008 Georgetown and the panel is on the wall between the bed and bath. To close to the floor for a old frat like me.
Dave Bulkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #7
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbulkley View Post
We have a 2008 Georgetown and the panel is on the wall between the bed and bath. To close to the floor for a old frat like me.
Ha! Just try getting to the circuit breaker and fuse panel on the foot of the bed when the bed slide is in. Disturbingly, one of those fuses has something to do with the slides.

Ray
Old 10-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #8

I'm assuming FR wanted to put the circuit breakers very close to the shore power coming into the motorhome. Thus, close to the floor in the back bedroom.
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #9
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
I'm assuming FR wanted to put the circuit breakers very close to the shore power coming into the motorhome. Thus, close to the floor in the back bedroom.
Perhaps however it makes no sense to me to put high current and high voltage (and low voltage) electrical wiring inside a slide where it is subject to flexing. The voltage drop in 6 AWG wiring is negligible if they added another ten feet and put the wiring in a panel that did not move.

Ray
Old 10-27-2019, 11:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbulkley View Post

Too close to the floor, too close to the wall, too close for us! I'm sore today from trying to hold myself up, poke fuses with a tester, keep from wetting myself when I hit a hot one, read previous owners badly scrawled list of fuses, while holding a flashlight in my teeth, with wife asking questions over my shoulder!
BUT I GOT IT WORKING!!!!
2011 Kia Soul+ (dinghy)

Tags
electric, electrical, georgetown