Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Unhappy Newbie Owner Needing Help with the Damn Leveler System - ARRRGH!

Howdy!

My Better Half and I just bought a 2008 Georgetown and are on our first shakedown trip . . . yesterday (our first camping stop in the new beast), we were able to make the leveling system work fine with the Auto-Level option. However, today after driving to a new site, the damn thing won't work - first, properly; now, at all.

On our initial try today - the auto-level did the rear and the front, but not the sides. We then tried to retract and start over - which got us the left/right & LCI logo lights flashing error message. Finding the older thread on here with the helpful info about troubleshooting, we've tried doing the four diamond button press - with no avail. NOW, the only thing the craptastic system will do is turn on with the LCI logo flashing and nothing else . . . manual won't initiate, neither will auto and the four diamond reset appears to do nothing.

HELP!!! Any wisdom on here would be greatly appreciated, as we're in a campground with no cell signal and thus can't call Lippert customer support.

Bad Kitten On A Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #2

Here is the t-shooting procedures I got from Iggy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Troubleshooting.pdf (806.5 KB, 143 views)
Old 03-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #3

Did you set the parking brakes? we forgot that once

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #4

Parking brake and engine running is a must.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #5

Welcome to the forums, as you no doubt have noticed lots of people willing to help out.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #6

yes parking break is a must, first hand experience talking... Welcome to the site and Happy Trails...
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #7

You most likely blew the circuit breaker for the pump. It happened to me. The circuit breaker is located in the battery box under your entrance steps. It is re-settable. It will have the main feed wire to your hydraulic pump attached to it. It will be a fairly heavy wire, but not as heavy as the primary battery cables. Hope this helps!
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
You most likely blew the circuit breaker for the pump. It happened to me. The circuit breaker is located in the battery box under your entrance steps. It is re-settable. It will have the main feed wire to your hydraulic pump attached to it. It will be a fairly heavy wire, but not as heavy as the primary battery cables. Hope this helps!
I agree on the Circuit breakers. Check them - this happened to us on the first trip. One tip - make sure no one else is under the coach when you reset the breakers. the jacks will retract as soon you do that - it scared the living day-lights out of me!
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #9

After you reset the breakers you'll have to reset the leveling system. Then you'll have to recalibrate auto leveling.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #10

I had a problem with my levelers stuck in the down position. After wasting a day calling my dealer technician and trying different things, I called Lippert. They told me how to find the breaker and when I did it was tripped. Reset and haven't had a problem since.
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #11

Hope you can help we will get our new crusader in April and it will have to the auto level Jack's I never had a RV with them can you give me a step by step how to use them thank you.
trackhoe59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #12

That breaker will trip often ,mine has done it several times!!!!
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvel View Post
That breaker will trip often ,mine has done it several times!!!!
Why not replace it with a "self reset/automatic" one?
Old 03-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #14

Don't like the self reset,if I level my coach with no problem the breaker wont trip.If you run the jacks too much for some reason the breaker will trip.Some of the wells in my neighbor hood had the auto reset and it cause the pumps to over heat and burn out.They have all been change out.
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvel View Post
Don't like the self reset,if I level my coach with no problem the breaker wont trip.If you run the jacks too much for some reason the breaker will trip.Some of the wells in my neighbor hood had the auto reset and it cause the pumps to over heat and burn out.They have all been change out.
Don't understand how a auto reset would work any different than a manual reset, it takes a few seconds for the auto to cool and reset. No different than you having to manually reset it. Guess I don't understand.

Tags