Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Thank you all very much for the reassurance. I relayed all of the replies to my wife and she is feeling better about our issues. Open road here we come! (With a pocket full of fuses)

2011 Georgetown 341 DS
Phantom341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
ref slide issue

I have had my share of issues with a new 2011 360, so I understand. I am fortunate that my dealer is 5 miles away and has been super fixing all the little things. I was wondering about pulling slide in, all my literature says it is best to either be plugged in to electric or have gen running, to make sure there is enough power for the slides to operate properly. Just mentioned this as I did not see a mention in your first post.

Logic will carry you from point A to point B. Imagination will carry you everywhere. "Albert Einstein". 2011 Georgetown 360, Bride of 45yrs, and 2014 Chev Equinox toad, what more could you ask for.
copsuno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #13
Thank you all for the replies and great advice. The dealer called and the coach is ready to be picked up. Hopefully we will pick it up this weekend and I'll be sure and share what the fix was so hopefully it will help someone else.
2011 Georgetown 341 DS
Phantom341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
I've had mine a year now and have had very little issues, minor in my book, I tend to fix most things myself unless they are expensive or very labor intensive. Keep at it and it should be a good unit.
megaman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #15
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
My experience says that motor homes are complex devices that bounce and vibrate seriously on every trip. they are going to develop problems
Now you know why it took them so long to get the Space Shuttle back up after every trip. Imagine the rattling that thing went through. And it was the most complex vehicle ever built by most accounts.

And when it failed you couldn't just take a cab to a motel for the night.
2008 Georgetown SE 350DS BunkHouse
jsutherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
We've been very lucky with our 325, which we bought at 8 years old from the original, very fastidious owners. We've had one water ingress problem resulting from a rotted slide topper combined with a rolled-over blade seal in the living room slide ceiling. We had the seal fixed and new toppers installed, but, over the off-season, the cabinet woodwork developed mold, so I'm about halfway through building and installing replacement cabinets.

We still have a couple of other issues. The bottom-face blade seal on the bedroom slide has rolled over for about a 6" length, so the next task will be to lubricated it with graphite - shouldn't be a big deal, but the gap down at that corner is big enough for squirrels to get in.

The other issue might be more complex, and I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience of it and fixed it. The forward-most cargo door on the driver's side isn't closing properly. The lock/striker work fine, but the aluminum angle running along the top of the door aperture, where the door hinbes are attached, seems to be pulling away, leaving the top of the door not flush with the sidewall above it. I can't find where that angle piece is structurally attached. I suspect there may be some wood rot in the cargo bay outer ceiling. It's not a show-stopper, but it is a concern.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
Originally Posted by Phantom341 View Post
Hello All,

I'd like to start by saying thank you to all of the seasoned professionals out there that have been giving great advice, it has helped. So the wife and I bought our first motorhome three months ago, a 2011 Georgetown 341 ds. Seemed like a good beginner coach but we're not so sure now............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............
Please, somebody tell me everything is going to be OK and it was a good purchase, even if its a lie.

I'll get my profile up to par before long.
Everything is going to be OK and it was a good purchase.!!!
jd-ford-hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #18
Wow that sounded like a nightmare. I can understand the frustration for having issues right off the lot. We spend a lot of money on our coaches and expect a lot in return. Glad its working out for you.

IMO a 1st shakedown camping trip in a new RV should be with a bunch of guys with fishing polls, a tool chest, and a fridge full of beer.
SoMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #19
Originally Posted by SoMoney View Post

IMO a 1st shakedown camping trip in a new RV should be with a bunch of guys with fishing polls, a tool chest, and a fridge full of beer.
This is the most sensible idea I have heard of in ages..... Count me in!!!! We should start a new company,

Anyone else?
Nigel & Bev
Brit Driver & Canadian Naviguesser

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #20
ShakedownsRus...... Works for me... I'm in.. when do we start????

RRMCJIM is offline   Reply With Quote