Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #1

Newbies considering joining the Georgetown Family

Hi, DW and I are considering pulling the trigger on a Georgetown 329 or the 335. Seeing how we might order one we were told it will be a 2017. Does anyone know what, if any, upgrades there will be to the 2017 models? We are also considering the dual pane windows option. Does anyone have the new ones, are they still the frameless, tinted type? Pics would be great. We would like to see what they look like before we order, also any thoughts on if they are worth it. The research we have done so far, for the most part, seems to be positive.
While searching this forum, which has great info, we read the posts about the cracking roofs. Does anyone know if Forest River has corrected or found the cause of this problem and fixed it?
We just sold our Jayco Greyhawk last November with plans of waiting a couple years before buying another one, then it hit 70 degrees one day and well… Thanks in advance
WeRmudfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

In nearly every division, changes are made continuously as the production run proceeds. There is a "qualifier" in the brochures that basically say exactly that.

There were two brand new 2016 FR3s at the Philadelphia RV show and one had a vented generator compartment door and the one right next to it had a solid door. I assumed one had "the wrong door installed" at the factory.

I talked to Barry Hughes of the FR3 Division who happened to be there and he said that they were "both correct" () because there was a spec change between the time one went through the line and the other.

Right ...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #3

I was going to get the dual panes on my new GT when ordering, but salesman told me mostly for condensation...not much of any gain in R value or noise reduction.

Don't know this for truth, just what he said and this was for ordering not taking one off the lot, so hopefully was a straight answer.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:44 AM   #4

If you do any camping where you need to run the heat, I strongly suggest the dual pane Windows. The single pane, will be a pain when you get that condensation in your new motorhome
cbmerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #5

I had dual pane windows on my 1997 Bounder.I would never do it again. Do some research on how many companies there are out there who offer the service for "unfogging" dual pane RV windows!!!

A little condensation I can put up with...windows that I can't see through is another thing. I think that the jostling and bouncing around that an RV takes accelerates the seal failure on dual pane windows and a lot of RVs out there prove it.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #6

I will never have another RV without dual pane Windows. My last two have had them and never a fogging problem and no condensation problems either.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #7

In all my RV years I have had different RV types, make and models. All of them always had double pane windows and never ever one of them has fogged up! If it does, it's just bad luck. Replace it and go on with your live. The advantage regarding insulation in cold and warm weather plus no condensation is worth way more than the additional cost. Look at most rental units, they have single pane, no insulation and condensation in cooler weather like hell. The curtains and blinds are sticking to the glass, the water is running down at the inside wall and causes mildew and rot! For me it's a no brainer and any sales person telling differently should be slapped! By now, everybody should know that salespersons are liars anyway. Happy camping, Andy
CamperAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #8

I've had 5 class A's. three with double pane windows, three with fogged windows. I don't care for them.
badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #9

Thanks for all the responses on the dual panes windows. We haven't made up our minds yet, but will research the fogging a little more.
WeRmudfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #10

Our 2011 Georgetown 327DS doesn't have dual pane windows. We have very little condensation because the windows have so much leakage that there's constantly a good air exchange going on in the rig. This also makes it difficult to heat the rig when we're out in below freezing temperatures and there's a 20+ mph wind blowing.

Go for dual pane windows.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #11

Just the facts.
To stop interior windows fogging and building up moisture all you need to do is crack a ceiling vent so the hot moist air can escape. When your rig is locked up tight as a drum your body as well as other things give off moisture and if it can't escape it will build up on the glass because it is colder outside.
Open a vent a bit and this will not happen even at 32 degrees or below.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #12

Makes me think of basic training when the drill sarge would make a sauna in our room...powered by making us exercise until the cabinets and walls were good and wet....
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLud View Post
Makes me think of basic training when the drill sarge would make a sauna in our room...powered by making us exercise until the cabinets and walls were good and wet....

Oh so you met the legendary "rain man" too?! Lol.....
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #14
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Just the facts.
To stop interior windows fogging and building up moisture all you need to do is crack a ceiling vent so the hot moist air can escape. When your rig is locked up tight as a drum your body as well as other things give off moisture and if it can't escape it will build up on the glass because it is colder outside.
Open a vent a bit and this will not happen even at 32 degrees or below.
DITO .... all of our MH have been single glass windows never any issues with moisture. We go camping a lot and our current GEORGETOWN 351 DSF, was purchased new in 2013 with only 723 miles on it. We now have 26,564 miles. It is only 2 1/2 years old, I only tell you this so you can see we use our MH and have no issues. Our camping season starts every year last week in MARCH and we go until DECEMBER.

We love our GEORGETOWN......
2017 Honda Civic
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, newbie