Old 12-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #1

Red face No-Fuss Flush

I have a 07 Georgetown and with all the other manuals I have, I have a No-Fuss Flush instruction. I was wondering if this system comes with the Georgetowns? There is a hose connection next to the other hose connections that is unmarked.

Does anyone else have this? If so, how does it work? Does it work well or not?

I recently purchased a Torando tank rinser but then noticied the other system I think is already in place. Please advise. Thanks

Old 12-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
I have a 07 Georgetown and with all the other manuals I have, I have a No-Fuss Flush instruction. I was wondering if this system comes with the Georgetowns? There is a hose connection next to the other hose connections that is unmarked.

Does anyone else have this? If so, how does it work? Does it work well or not?

I recently purchased a Torando tank rinser but then noticied the other system I think is already in place. Please advise. Thanks
Don't know about yours but our '09 has three water inlet ports in the side compartment. Starting from the left there is: City water inlet, followed with Fresh Water Fill in the center and the third one is the Black Water Flush.

It would appear that FR had put in a bunch of defective check valves in some of these systems and therefore attaching the hose to that port meant that nothing happened (as it did with ours). I called FR and they sent me a new check valve without hesitation as if they knew exactly what the problem was. I carried it around for the first year in a side compartment until I figured out where this valve is located and then replaced it. My black water flush works great now!

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 AM   #3

blank tank rinse

Yes, I have the same configuration but the 3rd connection on my rig isn't labeled. I had a RV repairman here for another matter and he said that was a black water rinse connection. I will try it tomorrow to see if it works.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I have a 2007 Georgetown 370 with 2 black and 2 grey tanks. There is a Black Water Tank flush at each drain location. They are labeled as Black Water Flush. If you hook a hose up to them and turn it on you should be able to hear the water rinsing the tank. When you disconnect the hose water will run back out of the connection. These hose connections do not have a check valve so there is no trapped water in the line.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #5

Might as well join the train. We have the 2008 Georgetown XL 378 and our water fill outlets are from left to right: fresh water, fresh water tank fill, and then the black water flush hookup. Ours is like cfsoiatman's, there is no valve holding water back in the black water flush in the line. I agree with him, no water can be trapped and freeze in cold weather.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
When you disconnect the hose water will run back out of the connection. These hose connections do not have a check valve so there is no trapped water in the line.
Actually the valve I am speaking of will be inside the rig not at the fill port. Whether you know it or not there IS a check/vacuum valve in that line. It is mandated by law so that fluid from the black tank cannot back flow and contaminate the hose and hose bib when they are connected to that port. When you disconnect the water hose from the line it relieves the pressure on that line, the valve breaks the vacuum and allows the water to flow back out the port thus stopping the possibility that a siphon can be formed to pull black water out of the tank.

In ground water sprinkler systems also have these valves as mandated by law and home bidet toilet seats also have to have them.

On the Georgetowns the valve should be installed in the line, inside the motorhome (ours is in the washer/dryer cabinet) and is much higher than the black tank(s). Someone here posted a picture of one inside their rig because they didn't know what it was. Depending on the supplier they will be different colors. Our original one was grey, the replacement that FR sent us was black and a different shape.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote