Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #1

No power

All of the sudden I have no power to the dash, slide, automatic levels, and when you turn the key on to start, nothing happens . Any idea ? I'm lost.
reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy View Post
All of the sudden I have no power to the dash, slide, automatic levels, and when you turn the key on to start, nothing happens . Any idea ? I'm lost.
Without more details, it sounds like you aren't getting DC/battery power.

Is the battery(ies) charged?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #3

I would start with the engine battery. Check all of your connections then check the main fuses in the engine compartment.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #4

Battery's dead, got jumper cables or battery charger? This would be first Idea. If you have any battery left you should hear a clicking sound from the starter solenoid. I never had a Class A or C but I don't think you can start the engine as long as your levelers are down, I think its a safety thing. Do you have a generator? Will it start at all, can it be started manually? If you can start it you should be able to get things going.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
Battery's dead, got jumper cables or battery charger? This would be first Idea. If you have any battery left you should hear a clicking sound from the starter solenoid. I never had a Class A or C but I don't think you can start the engine as long as your levelers are down, I think its a safety thing. Do you have a generator? Will it start at all, can it be started manually? If you can start it you should be able to get things going.
The OP has no power to the dash and he said "all of the sudden". Even with a battery that won't start the engine, he should have power to the dash. It sounds like he blew a main fuse.

I always extend/retract the levelers with the engine running. You don't want to put that much strain on the battery. However, with the engine running you cannot extend the slides.

The generator is part of the house side...not the engine side.

To the OP, don't get too much into the weeds with this problem. Check your battery connections, then check all of your main fuses in the engine compartment.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #6

The OP said Dash, slides, levels have no power, slides are house side and I'm not sure about levelers which side they are but if slides won't move isn't there a safety on there so you can't start engine with these out? Ck house battery and fuses too, do the lights and other things come on when shore power is on? There are 2 main fuse one engine and one house. Have heard all of a sudden and that to some is when I woke up this morning.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #7

You can start the engine with the slides out, but the slide switches will not work.

Tags
power