Old 01-12-2019, 03:32 AM   #1

No power at outlets and outlet to refrigerator

Here we go again. Iím playing the where Waldo game with GFC outlets. I have a 2012 Georgetown 378 and canít find the elusive GFC outlet that is the gatekeeper for power to my bedroom outlets, an outlet near the fire place and the one outside that supplies A/C power to the refrigerator.

I been living with no power to those outlets for a while, but now that propane is all out. I have to locate this GFC outlet to save the groceries.

Any help from Georgetown owners with the 378 model and this particular layout. Most likely it is somewhere in a basement storage space if only I could find it. I know of two outlets in the basement and they are not GFC outlets.Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	194414

hartc883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:49 AM   #2

Don't know about your rig specifically, but, have you checked the gfi in the bathroom/s. Most bathroom outlets are gfi protected, and possibly any found in/around kitchen area.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #3
western NC mountains!

those won’t be on the GFCI circuit, but probably share the same breaker - check the tightness of each breaker’s wire in your panel, and also each outlet’s wire - one is loose.

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 200w/10amps mobile SOLAR
85,000+mi, US, Alaska, Canada, western NC for now : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #4

1st It's called GFI. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter. The GFI controls any outlet within 6' of a water source. This includes Bathroom, kitchen, dining area, outside and storage areas.

There are 2 types of GFI. 1-An outlet version usually found in the bathroom. This outlet will have a test and reset button on it. Sometimes in the kitchen. These devices are daisy-chained. usually up to 6 other outlets downstream. There is a breaker in your electric panel that controls this circuit.

2- is a GFI breaker. This one is in your breaker panel. It has a yellow button on it for testing. Push it to test then reset with then handle that just moved. Again, this one will control any outlet with 6' of a water source including rain.

There is always one GFI in every RV. Some have 2. Most are found in the bathroom but also other places. Some have reported finding 2 in the bathroom. I hope this helps.

PS. Most bedrooms are NOT GFI protected. Some trailers have been reported that ALL outlets are GFI protected but I have not heard of an MH being fully GFI protected.

When you check your breakers don't just look at them. Turn each one off then back on. All of them. Many times the printed labels are WRONG. Imagin that.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #5

On my 369xl itís in the bathroom. I assume you checked your breaker panel as well?
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #6

Check the outside compartment left of the steps.
This has a GFCI outlet and I think its the one you are looking for.
Unless you have a tripped 120 volt breaker and it needs to be turned off then back on to reset.

Good Luck and let us know if that it.
Iggy

Now that you have owned your 378TS for almost a year I would think you need to look around and check things out before further emergencies happen.
Or
If you do have any questions ask away as I have owned mine for almost 7 years and know ever inch of her.
Good luck

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Don't know about your rig specifically, but, have you checked the gfi in the bathroom/s. Most bathroom outlets are gfi protected, and possibly any found in/around kitchen area.

Grumpy

I have checked the bathroom outlet. It is GFI protected. I have power there. Green LED is on. Plugged items work there. Have tested and reset just to eliminate anything overlooked. Also tripped the breaker labeled GFI. Out of ideas.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
those wonít be on the GFCI circuit, but probably share the same breaker - check the tightness of each breakerís wire in your panel, and also each outletís wire - one is loose.

I ran with your suggestion. Pulled the circuit panel off and felt for loose wiring. All wires going to breakers are tight. There are a total of four outlets not working. It would be a big coincidence for wiring to come loose on all four. Just to rule out the idea. I pulled one outlet out (rear the fireplace), wiring is tight. The two under the bed will require removing everything out from under the bed and taking it apart by removing the wood paneling. Iím going to shelf that idea as a last resort.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
1st It's called GFI. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter. The GFI controls any outlet within 6' of a water source. This includes Bathroom, kitchen, dining area, outside and storage areas.

There are 2 types of GFI. 1-An outlet version usually found in the bathroom. This outlet will have a test and reset button on it. Sometimes in the kitchen. These devices are daisy-chained. usually up to 6 other outlets downstream. There is a breaker in your electric panel that controls this circuit.

2- is a GFI breaker. This one is in your breaker panel. It has a yellow button on it for testing. Push it to test then reset with then handle that just moved. Again, this one will control any outlet with 6' of a water source including rain.

There is always one GFI in every RV. Some have 2. Most are found in the bathroom but also other places. Some have reported finding 2 in the bathroom. I hope this helps.

PS. Most bedrooms are NOT GFI protected. Some trailers have been reported that ALL outlets are GFI protected but I have not heard of an MH being fully GFI protected.

When you check your breakers don't just look at them. Turn each one off then back on. All of them. Many times the printed labels are WRONG. Imagin that.

Thanks for the correction on spelling the acronym. My bathroom near the sink does have a GFI protected outlet. As suggested, it has been checked multiple times and works. There is no outlet in the toilet room, check in the toilet room storage space too. No outlets there. I have turned off and on multiple times, including the main breaker. Felt the spring tension to note if the switch feels different than the others. All the breakers are labeled. The bedroom outlets and refrigerator do not have a label on the breaker panel to indicate the source. I do have one breaker that is a dual switch, 20amp/15amp, labeled fireplace/convert. I have no idea what the spelling convert means. The fireplace has power and works. Maybe convert is short for converter.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalb20 View Post
On my 369xl itís in the bathroom. I assume you checked your breaker panel as well?

I checked both

Tags
power, refrigerator