Old 11-12-2015, 08:08 PM   #11
Being you have both out and a light I would keep checking at the fuse panel.
You said you checked them. How by looking at them or checking with an ohm meter?

Yes their are other fuses but not for what you have out.
Your coach batteries has a few fuses there for awning and other things.
Now you also have a box called a Battery Control center that has some fuses but I really don't think they power your AC controls.

If you are plugged into shore power and
You have you main coach battery switch on you should have DC power to the panel you checked. I still would verify those fuses with a meter then make sure you have 12 volts to ground on both sides of the fuses.
If you aren't electrically inclined you need to find someone who is.
Good luck

2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #12
Thanks again Iggy. Looks like I'm off to the service center in the morning before hitting the road for the Mississippi State / Alabama Game (Hail State). I'm retired AF as well and I do appreciate you taking the time to try to help!

DustyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #13
That's a weird one. Do let us know what the service folks found. Mine's not a Georgetown but I do have dual A/C's and two thermostats... though only one controls the heat... in my Pursuit so I expect it's wired pretty much the same as yours.

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2016: 23
pashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #14
Long story short; the temperature control units get their power from a connection in the AC unit. It is fed by a 12v dc wire that somehow gets from the fuse box to the hallway light, then splices off to the bathroom fan and to the front AC. The wire between the hall light and the front AC developed a short. The technician probably nicked the wire when he replaced the side rails on my roof. They ran a temporary wire to get us going today and all is well. I'll take it back to them after the holidays and they'll run a new wire above the ceiling. They would have done it today but I wanted to get on the road and on with my weekend. I'm thrilled to have the RV in Starkville this weekend with everything working. Southern RV in Biloxi MS really has an awesome service department.
DustyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #15
I had the front AC roof seal replaced while in Maine this summer. On the way back to Florida the front thermostat suddenly lost power. It was our last night on the road. Visually checked all 12v fuses and they were ok. Removed each fuse to inspect it closely. Planned on taking the coach in for service sometime soon. Got in the coach today to retrieve a few things and SURPRISE! The thermostat was working again. My guess is I have a loose connection in the ceiling. I remember the Tech having a difficult time reconnecting the ac wiring plug so guess I will start there.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:23 AM   #16
When the thermostat in my 2011 Georgetown 327DS was fixed after having the same problem, the service technician said that the 12V power line for it that "came from the furnace" was broken. My unit does not have heaters in the roof AC units which is probably why the thermostat gets power from the furnace. I suspect that the thermostat for the rear AC would get its power from some other source.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, georgetown, power