Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #1

No water to refrigerator

I searched but found nothing related.

I don't have water to my refrigerator or ice maker. I hear what sounds like a pump when I try to get water at the door, but nothing happens. I replaced the water filter in the refrigerator, but that didn't help.We have water everywhere else in the coach with the pump and with city water.

Last fall, I winterized by draining all the water and blowing air through the lines, just like the year before. I did not bypass any where, just drained the water.

Is there a valve somewhere that might be bad or turned so water does not go to the refrigerator?

Thanks for any suggestions.
swlovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlovett View Post

I don't have water to my refrigerator or ice maker. I hear what sounds like a pump when I try to get water at the door, but nothing happens. I replaced the water filter in the refrigerator, but that didn't help.We have water everywhere else in the coach with the pump and with city water.

Last fall, I winterized by draining all the water and blowing air through the lines, just like the year before. I did not bypass any where, just drained the water.

Is there a valve somewhere that might be bad or turned so water does not go to the refrigerator?

I don't know what you have, but on our Berkshire the line to the refrigerator comes off of the cold water line under the kitchen sink. There's a "T" valve on the cold water line that has to be open for water to flow. On our Sportscoach we had a propane / electric refrigerator, and the "T" valve was behind the outside panel for the refrigerator. If you can find the flexible plastic line leading to the back of the refrigerator, just follow the line down to find the valve.

You can also contact the service/warranty center for your brand by finding your brand's contact page at Forest River Inc., A Berkshire Hathaway Company | RVs, Park Models Trailers, Commercial Buses, Commercial Trailers, Pontoons.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #3

I am a little concerned that when you try the water in the door...you hear the pump but get no water. Presumably the pump goes on and off when you push the water dispenser on and off. If the pop up valve was shut off, you wouldn't hear the pump when you press the water dispenser.

If this is correct, there are two possibilities. The first is that you just haven't waited long enough for the water to make it to the door....the second is a problem. Perhaps when you winterized there was some water left in the line from the solenoid valve on the refrigerator to the water outlet on the door. It may have frozen and now is leaking. If you hear the pump but see no water it is going somewhere!!!! The valve is generally at the bottom of the reefer in the rear. The fact that the pump goes on an off indicates that the valve is working, but the water is not going to the door. it may take some time for that water to show up somewhere!

Good luck, if the line has frozen and broken you will have to pull the reefer and fix it!

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlovett View Post

What year is your Georgetown?
That would help to find out if you have one with a residential refrigerator of one that used propane and electric.
Here is the valve on my Dometic 4 door refrigerator.
On mine you must push down on the white knob to turn water on.
Also you must clear the system of air by using the water fill on the door until you get water thru the refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome May31_2013 022.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	106065   Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 020.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	106066  
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
clr

I have a Prime Time 5th wheel 3601 with a residential fridge in the main slide. Since the fridge is in the slide the mfr does not run a water line to the fridge. My dealer did ask me if I wanted a water line run to the fridge but I said no. A water line running to a fridge in the slide is just a freeze problem waiting to happen and would be the first place to freeze in cold weather.
So have you every had water to the fridge? If no then you may not have a water line run to the fridge.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #6

OK, so I missed some pretty basic information in my question. We have a 2014 Georgetown with a Frigidaire residential refrigerator. I am not sure of the model.

Now that y'all posted a picture of the bypass valve that says pull for off, I think I better check that. It's actually inside the potty cabinet, very difficult to see. Perhaps is it closed or partially closed preventing adequate water flow to the refrigerator.

Thanks for your responses.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #7

The water dispenser in the door and the ice maker worked just fine last fall. We did not have a hard freeze at all, it might have been below freezing a couple of days, but not deep freeze for long periods of time.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #8

I have the same unit. Winterized with compressed air and left the compressor connected so that the icemaker would cycle and totally purge overnight. Was stuck in the northland for a week or two during the winter.

If the pump cycles when you push the water dispenser, the valve is open. There is a significant amount of volume in the unit with the filter and all.

2015 335DS
Old 04-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What the OP is actually hearing is the solenoid valve opening allowing water to flow. If the filter is in place correctly (it must be in for the water to work), and you have water pressure to the rest of the coach, it's either a bad solenoid valve, or the T valve is off. The fridge does not have a pump of it's own.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:02 PM   #10

Possible. One is a click...and the pump is hard to miss.

2015 335DS
Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #11
toolman_57

So... I'll ask the dumb question. Did you replace the filter in the fridge? No filter, no water. Or possibly the filter is clogged.

I just finished de-winterizing my 364. I did use the pop up valve (in the 364 it's behind the trash can/cupboard between the sink and stove/oven). When winterizing, I disconnected the fridge line after blowing air through the system and never ran antifreeze into the fridge.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #12

Have you checked the waterline in the basement? We have a 2014 377XL and the waterline runs along the slide mechanism in the basement. The first night we had the unit, the waterline came apart at a fitting where the 1/4 inch line runs parallel to the slide. More recently the 1/4 inch waterline was crimped by the mechanism.....pump still worked, but no water to the icemaker. Changed out line, removing them fitting, added a shutoff valve......no problems now. Also found the 110v power cord was also crimped do I has to splice there wire. After they repairs I replaced them playing covering and put Gorella Tape along the seams. Hopefully th u s will keep them waterline and power cord from slipping out and getting crushed again. ...crossing my fingers
CarefreeCorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman_57 View Post
So... I'll ask the dumb question. Did you replace the filter in the fridge? No filter, no water. Or possibly the filter is clogged.

I just finished de-winterizing my 364. I did use the pop up valve (in the 364 it's behind the trash can/cupboard between the sink and stove/oven). When winterizing, I disconnected the fridge line after blowing air through the system and never ran antifreeze into the fridge.
I put in a new filter in the fridge when it would not work thinking that might be my problem. Went to the coach today and turned the fridge on. The think started pumping water again! I filled a cup and got some dirt as well as grey water from the new filter (I hope). We are back in business!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefreeCorses View Post
Have you checked the waterline in the basement? We have a 2014 377XL and the waterline runs along the slide mechanism in the basement. The first night we had the unit, the waterline came apart at a fitting where the 1/4 inch line runs parallel to the slide. More recently the 1/4 inch waterline was crimped by the mechanism.....pump still worked, but no water to the icemaker. Changed out line, removing them fitting, added a shutoff valve......no problems now. Also found the 110v power cord was also crimped do I has to splice there wire. After they repairs I replaced them playing covering and put Gorella Tape along the seams. Hopefully th u s will keep them waterline and power cord from slipping out and getting crushed again. ...crossing my fingers
My water line appears to run from near the potty to the fridge, no slide there. Thankfully, it started pumping again a while ago after I turned off the fridge when we got home from the last trip. Got some dirt with the first cup of water, so maybe it had something clogging the line? Anyhow, its working now.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The dirt was probably bits of carbon from the new filter. Should run a couple gallons at least through it.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #16

Carefreecross. Quick question. While getting my slide in a loud crunching noise , stop the slide looked in the basement, one of my pipe running under the slide got broken as well as the metal plate and the 2 90 degree. Now got to replace that tubing. Do you know if the electrical wires run all the way to the source or is there a junction box somewhere? Did you actually splice yours?

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 2015, towing a 2014 Ford Explorer XL
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #17

Look under the lamptable, I found a junction box behind a false wall in the bottom of the cabinet. Not sure if this is the right one, might just be for the outet and lights......

M.Corse
CarefreeCorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #18

Wrong one if there Is one has to be in the basement since there Is 4 cables going thru that piping. Then when inside the slide it goes to the fridge etc.

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 2015, towing a 2014 Ford Explorer XL
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #19

Can't find valve to allow water to enter my ice maker in the Dometic 4 door refrigerator (no water in door) in my Forester 3051S Class C RV
Elizabethkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
Had the same problem with mine. There is a check valve that needed to be reset. FR gave me a few places to look but I found mine in a small cabinet between the sink and fridge.
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467726822.450739.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  79.5 KB

Here are the other places they gave me to look...

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467726866.096045.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  79.5 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467726887.229230.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  74.9 KB

Randy & the Dogs
RV'rs as of 2015
G-town XL 369 w/ wrangler hanging on the back!

Tags
refrigerator, water