Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #1

No Water To Toilet, Well, Sometimes

In my 2012 350TS, When connected to city water, I get plenty of flush water, but when on the tank, barely a trickle. My fresh water tank is full, I have plenty of water at all faucets, and I can hear the pump running. Any ideas?
Roadglider09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #2

A leak in the water line to the toilet?
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #3

I would guess that you have a kinked line going to the toilet. The city water pressure is enough to push it through but the lower pump pressure isn't. It is probably connected to the cold water line under the sink somewhere. Have a look and see if it is kinked or pinched somewhere.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick42wood View Post
I would guess that you have a kinked line going to the toilet. The city water pressure is enough to push it through but the lower pump pressure isn't. It is probably connected to the cold water line under the sink somewhere. Have a look and see if it is kinked or pinched somewhere.
Good idea, thanks.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadglider09 View Post
In my 2012 350TS, When connected to city water, I get plenty of flush water, but when on the tank, barely a trickle. My fresh water tank is full, I have plenty of water at all faucets, and I can hear the pump running. Any ideas?
Take a look at this thread, you may have a slightly clogged inlet.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...let-43484.html
Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #6

Quote:
X2 You have something that is clogging the toilet valve. Like others said turn off the water and unscrew the line from the back of the toilet and check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	38422  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #7

And this problem only shows itself when you're using the pump? Because, as I said, when I'm connected to the city water, it seems to flush ok.
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Couple of Harley's (When not pulling the Jeep!)
Deland, Fl
Old 08-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #8

Quote:
And this problem only shows itself when you're using the pump? Because, as I said, when I'm connected to the city water, it seems to flush ok.
You are correct it can't be the valve.
Have you looked at the 12 volt water pump filter to see if its clogged or like someone said maybe a bent pipe?

While on water tank do you get proper pressure at the sink in both hot and cold sides?
Has it ever worked correctly on the water pump?
Have you turned any of the valves by the water pump?
Many questions and very little information from you.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #9

While on water tank do you get proper pressure at the sink in both hot and cold sides? Yes, what I think is good pressure on both.
Has it ever worked correctly on the water pump? Not sure, I've only had the coach for a week.
Have you turned any of the valves by the water pump? Valves? Where exactly would that water pump be? I've looked in the water connection compartment and don't seem to see it.
Many questions and very little information from you.
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Deland, Fl
Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #10

The pump will be near the water tank and the water tank will be right inside of where you fill it. I am not familiar with your unit but my pump is under the kitchen sink. The toilet connection to your pump should be under the bathroom sink very close to the floor level or down in a hole in the area. The posts about dirt in the valve could still be correct. There is lots more pressure to push through it from your city water connection. It is easy to check, I would do that first.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #11

my georgetown does to

I have a 2009 Georgetown 373 and my toilet did the same thing. I have to disconnect the line and clean the valve every time I went camping. I ended up installing a filter behind the bowl. and now no more trouble with it. the settlement come from the water heater rod from the bottom of the tank when you clean it after winter. when you close one valve and open another. now I just clean the filter and its all set.
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #12

Success!! The fitting at the toilet was indeed clogged, amazing how much gunk I pulled out of it. It flushes great on the pump now.
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Deland, Fl
Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Success!! The fitting at the toilet was indeed clogged, amazing how much gunk I pulled out of it. It flushes great on the pump now.
You should always check the simple solutions first. Great you found the clog.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #14

Check your filter for sand and/or other substances it has plugged up my toilet and
Faucets several times. open the faucets and push down the toilet flush and run an air-hose through the water hose lines connected to the city water inlet it usually clears can the plugged lines also check the screens on the faucets as well
Allan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan007 View Post
Check your filter for sand and/or other substances it has plugged up my toilet and
Faucets several times. open the faucets and push down the toilet flush and run an air-hose through the water hose lines connected to the city water inlet it usually clears can the plugged lines also check the screens on the faucets as well
If you only read two messages above your it said it was a clogged screen at the valve of the toilet.

Tags
water