Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #1

Noisy front TV

Our 357 has a front mounted 32" LCD made by Olevia. There is a rather loud series of rattles that come out of the TV when we are on our wonderfull Illinois Roads. It doesn't appear to be a mounting issue, but rather theinternals of the TV just rattling around. If the pavement is smooth, then there is no noise. It does get annoying.

Do any of you other Georgetown folks with front mount TV's have this noise as well? Suggestions on how to stop it?
bballerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We haven't had any noise issues with our TV but it's a Westinghouse 32" that was available on the 2007 Georgetowns. The only thing I think you could do is remove it from the mount and check to see if the back panel comes off and look around. Be careful because of the potential for static electricity causing a board to short out. I would think that after all the bouncing down the highway that whatever is loose should be near the bottom.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I see by your other posting that you have a 2009 Georgetown. I'd contact Mike Burns at FR. about this and get it set up for the dealer to check this out. It's still under warranty. That way if something goes wrong they'll have to take care of it at no cost to you.

mburns@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballerfanatic View Post
Our 357 has a front mounted 32" LCD made by Olevia. There is a rather loud series of rattles that come out of the TV when we are on our wonderfull Illinois Roads. It doesn't appear to be a mounting issue, but rather theinternals of the TV just rattling around. If the pavement is smooth, then there is no noise. It does get annoying.

Do any of you other Georgetown folks with front mount TV's have this noise as well? Suggestions on how to stop it?
Everything rattles on rough roads, it's just normal. Don't think it is a problem with the TV and I would be willing to bet anything FR won't think so either. It's kinda like complaining that a boat rocks in the water, of course it does.

Yes it gets annoying but that is the world of RVs and poor road conditions. Many times we move over to the left lane on our local mountain pass as the right lane is just chewed to pieces by the semi traffic. I figure for that 10 mile streach people can pass me on the right. I paid the state over 10K in taxes when we bought our motorhome they can at least take care of the roads! I'm not going to ruin my rig because of their rough roads.

Sorry huge pet peve there with road conditions....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #5

Just a thought, but our Olevia 32" made noises too and also jumped around a lot. We bought it up in Grand Rapids, MI where it seems that it is very common for dealers to remove the TV's when they arrive to prevent theft. Any way ours was removed and not reinstalled correctly by the dealer. After our dealer down here in TX reinstalled it correctly it quieted things down, and it doesn't jump around a lot anymore either. At first I thought it was mounted on some kind of shock mounts, it moved around so much. The dealers around here also leave their TV's installed too. Another thing, to get the Motorhome we flew into Chicago and took a rental car to Grand Rapids, and I have never seen worse roads in my life than around the south side of Chicago, and I though Louisiana roads were bad, but I didn't know what rough roads were until recently. The smoothest roads on the whole trip were back here in TX. Must be all the road salt.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #6

Khager,
You may be onto something! We bought our motorhome in Grand Rapids Michigan as well.............probably from the same place you did. Did your dealer explain to you what the problem was with the installation that made it rattle so much. Any help is greatly appreciated.
bballerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote