Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Originally Posted by CVan View Post
We have a 2008 Georgetown with the A&E awning and had a lot of trouble with it for about a year. The last time we had the dealer look at it, it was repaired "with a part from the supplier". Since it never worked properly from day one, we can only assume that the 'control module' was replaced. It now works like a charm, kneeling when it is full of rain and closing when a mild breeze blows. Well, you can't have everything. Maybe yours needs a new control module too.
Could be that the control is set too low for the Wind Sensor. It is adjustable within the control in the compartment where the On/Off for the Wind Sensor is located. In my case it's inside the compartment just in front of the door.

You should be able to find how to change the settings so it's not so finicky!

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
I don't think the awning on our Georgetown has a wind sensor either - I can't find the control if it does. The problem we are having is that it will not retract when the button is pushed, but you can hear a clicking so you know there is power. When you "help" it retract the motor will suck the awning in the last little bit. Any suggestions on what we might do?
Going back to the dealer is a PAIN. Since June (the day we bought it) we have reported problems and are STILL waiting for them to call us about when we can bring it in. Yes I have called them frequently - even sending them an (ever growing) email list.

So the bottom line is we are not using the awning!

2011 Georgetown 320DS new June 2010
days camped in 2010: 61
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
These newer power awnings on the motorhomes have a spring loaded arm on the back arm that once overcome by the weight of water on the awning compresses the spring and that end dips to allow water to run off. What we have found is that if your rig is not leveled so that it is slightly nose high the water tends to pool in the middle too much and the arm doesn't do what it should. If you are at all nose down then you have to be very careful to keep an eye on your awning and you many have to close it manually to shed the water.

One other thing to know: After talking to a fellow RVr with an Alpha See Ya DP in a park with the same awning as ours is that if you just open and let it go it will "over extend" This can cause problems. Your awning when open correctly should have the "tassel flap" hanging straight down from the bottom of the roller which means that the awning fabric itself has about 3/4 wrap on the roller.

"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote