Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #11

All the best to those who got immediate satisfaction with the warranty department at Forest River, I am happy for you.

However, I understand clearly where the ones that did not get any satisfaction or are having problems with the warranty department are coming from.

Our 2010 Georgetown 330 is our first RV as well, and we had several issues happen, started with the dealer, for items not being what we were told by the salesman, then the TV quitting then the dash radio quitting, to the roof AC leaking, the kitchen counter-top cracking and the flooring tearing from the slides on the kitchen and the dinette side.

To make a long story short, I emailed Mike Burns several times about the problems we had...did not answer one email,... finally got a reply from John Armstrong, after threatening to go to the BBB,... seemed like everything was going OK and he made promises of how everything was going to be taken care of, ...then same thing...nothing...no replies...nothing taken care of as promised..... finally I filed a complaint with the BBB,... about a week later got a call from Mr. Evans and finally, 6 weeks after filing the complaint, we got things straightened out.

This entire process started in March and was not resolved until the end of August. All communication was kept professional, level headed, and business like, and the only threatening thing that was ever said was about the BBB when I was pushed that far because of no other choice.

Oh and just so you know how much we actually used the motorhome before all this happened, it had 6000 kilometers (approx. 4000 miles) and that included a trip from Canada to Florida, so it was not out that much.

We love our Georgetown, we just never expected these issues and hopefully that's the end of them.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #12

georgetown, it is really good that you did not blow your cool. However, it does suck that you had to go to the BBB to get FR moving. I find it so odd that they could be so helpful for me, and yet so unhelpful for you. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe the Flagstaff people are nicer to deal with.
And you had every right to be upset, as those issues should not have happened.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #13

crocus, glad you didn't have the same problems that I did, and I agree that I should not have had the problems I did, especially with as few miles as it had. I can't say that the people were not nice to deal with, it was at first I could not get anyone to get back to me, then when they did they were OK to deal with and then it was like they disappeared of the face of the earth and left me hanging again and that was what got frustrating. I put up with it for about 6 months, then finally had enough and went to the BBB. All is good now. Overall we love our motor home and we would probably buy another Forest River Georgetown if we had to do it all over again. We looked at a lot of motor homes before we bought the 330, and it was the only floor plan we fell in love with, and the price compared to other units was better as well. Although, in hind sight we would be a little more prepared for what could happen, instead of totally not expecting any of it.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #14

My 2010 Georgetown had to go back to the factory for repairs, and FR covered all of the costs for transport there and back. They also did a complete new unit service/check and fixed some things I didn't know I had a problem with. They would not cover wear and tear costs (I'm in So Cal and it was 2300 miles each way) but my local dealer did do a full service when it got back so I was not out any expense money.
Having major issues was a big concern, but FR treated me fairly, fixed everything, and no more issues so far!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #15

If you started to have roof problem you will probly keep them. I did with mine a 2004 370 ts xl ,back top the factory six times,still have problems. How they don't want to fix anything. I wish you all the luck in the world with Dan Evans and his crew. See if your stste has a lemon law.If you do start the paper work and keep all your papers on the coach . They may fix it. If you done have a lemon law ,good luck.I went all the way to the owner of Forest River no luck, Have fun with Mike Stump 1-574-596-6602 he is Pete Lighl's main man.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #16

Look at my posting Factory Work Problems . You can see all the work the Factory Pros do on coaches ,good luck again and best wishes.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis cherry View Post
If you started to have roof problem you will probly keep them. I did with mine a 2004 370 ts xl ,back top the factory six times,still have problems. How they don't want to fix anything. I wish you all the luck in the world with Dan Evans and his crew. See if your stste has a lemon law.If you do start the paper work and keep all your papers on the coach . They may fix it. If you done have a lemon law ,good luck.I went all the way to the owner of Forest River no luck, Have fun with Mike Stump 1-574-596-6602 he is Pete Lighl's main man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis cherry View Post
Look at my posting Factory Work Problems . You can see all the work the Factory Pros do on coaches ,good luck again and best wishes.

It sounds like you have the similar type of luck I had dealing with them and getting replies. I know I said I would buy another Forest River, but no sure after looking at how they fixed yours. At least I got them to pay for parts and I did the work myself, even though they should have but at least I know what has been fixed is done right. I just hope after seeing the problems you are having that I don't run into anything else.
I think they should be required to change their warranty policies to a mileage based policy similar to auto manufacturers, so that you get 5 years or 80,000 miles or something along that line.
Some of us don't log on a lot of miles or get to use the RV that much so the warranty expires sitting in the driveway, then when you take it out you find something that goes wrong and the warranty is already expired. Before you purchase these things, they sit on the dealers lot with no warranty clicking away, the minute you buy it the clock starts ticking, but it may sit in your driveway for another 6 months before you use it for the first time for 2 weeks, then sit again after that, so in reality how much use to you get out of it before the warranty is expired, how much of a change do you get to find out if anything is wrong to be fixed under warranty... not very much, things need to change with respect to warranty, if things changed, they would take more pride in what they do and the product they make...they would have to or they would be fixing a lot more things under warranty than they are now. As it stands they know that most of the time by the time you find out something is wrong, your warranty is expired, so why should they care...not a nice attitude to have considering what we pay for these things.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown View Post
All the best to those who got immediate satisfaction with the warranty department at Forest River, I am happy for you.

However, I understand clearly where the ones that did not get any satisfaction or are having problems with the warranty department are coming from.

Our 2010 Georgetown 330 is our first RV as well, and we had several issues happen, started with the dealer, for items not being what we were told by the salesman, then the TV quitting then the dash radio quitting, to the roof AC leaking, the kitchen counter-top cracking and the flooring tearing from the slides on the kitchen and the dinette side.

To make a long story short, I emailed Mike Burns several times about the problems we had...did not answer one email,... finally got a reply from John Armstrong, after threatening to go to the BBB,... seemed like everything was going OK and he made promises of how everything was going to be taken care of, ...then same thing...nothing...no replies...nothing taken care of as promised..... finally I filed a complaint with the BBB,... about a week later got a call from Mr. Evans and finally, 6 weeks after filing the complaint, we got things straightened out.

This entire process started in March and was not resolved until the end of August. All communication was kept professional, level headed, and business like, and the only threatening thing that was ever said was about the BBB when I was pushed that far because of no other choice.

Oh and just so you know how much we actually used the motorhome before all this happened, it had 6000 kilometers (approx. 4000 miles) and that included a trip from Canada to Florida, so it was not out that much.

We love our Georgetown, we just never expected these issues and hopefully that's the end of them.
Having major/similar probs with new georgetown purchase,
dealing with armstrong/evans, though abot BBB, please
provide BBB info so I might go that route also.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcm48 View Post
Having major/similar probs with new georgetown purchase,
dealing with armstrong/evans, though abot BBB, please
provide BBB info so I might go that route also.

gcm48 I sent you a private message regarding this
Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #20

I tried to call Mike Burns yesterday at Forest River and was told he no longer worked there..... I was referred to John Armstrong for assistance. No idea how long Mr. Burns has been gone.