Old 11-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #31

georgetown: this can be added also for warranty. If your trailer has to be sent for warranty work repairs ( mine was gone for almost 3 months ) than the warranty period should be extended for the unused time your trailer was at the factory for warranty work. It is not the case!!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
georgetown: this can be added also for warranty. If your trailer has to be sent for warranty work repairs ( mine was gone for almost 3 months ) than the warranty period should be extended for the unused time your trailer was at the factory for warranty work. It is not the case!!!!

Totally agree.
There should be a way to get these warranty policies changed.
We need something like an "RV union" to fight for us?

Old 11-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #33

I can't disagree with the thoughts on the warranty issue, and rather than time it should be set to a mileage number - period.

My biggest issue with the warranty stuff that I did get fixed was having to go back and check their work and/or fix it again. I hate to beat up on RV mechanics but my assumption is that they are paid by the job so the more jobs they do the better their paycheck looks. From what repairs I have see, it is always the easy way out - not always the proper fix. And the quality of components used on these RVs is questionable too. My DVD has to be the pickiest in the world, that DVD movie is okay, this one isn't and they both can be brand new out of the box. I have replaced the gear drive in the antenna (nope - didn't hit it - it just broke one day), all of the vent covers, caps on the vent pipes, one marker light, fresh water pump, dash was replaced under warranty - cracked, one a/c unit and rebuilt the ladder with some new parts. Repairs have included the genset, the base of the main bed, shower drain and spray head, main TV mounting, CO2 detector, faucet set in kitchen, mirrored splash area, slide-out top mounted holders, basement locks, both house batteries and various bulbs, loose panels, trim, etc. Right now on my list is the driver's chair that is loose and the edge on the dinette table fell off. My rig will be officially 5 years old this coming January and has 8500 miles on it.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #34

After reading, and reading I guess my new 2012 356RL is doing pretty good. I'm taking it back for the 3rd try to get the black water valve to work Monday - it's a month old. This thing isn't fun to tow back but at least it's just 45 miles! The mechs are good guys, I think just over their heads but it sure "seems to me" hooking up plastic and a valve wouldn't be that hard and I don't get in there because - it's under warranty I called another RV repair shop and of course got - you didn't purchase from us so we don't know when we could get you in. And then got, and here's my question, if someone else has worked on it under warranty we can't do it - under warranty. You'll have to pay for it. WHAT?! Why wouldn't warranty work be honored anywhere especially if someone else worked on it. Well, I see SO many others having problems but this past week a higher level 5th wheel at Enid,MS has it's slides leaking bad. Made me feel a little better. Hope all had a GREAT THANKSGIVING, and at least my dealer is trying to be right with me. ed
Old 11-26-2011, 03:05 AM   #35

Hi to everyone and good luck with whatever problems you may be having with your motorhome.
I may be jumping on this band wagon a little late but I too had a very serious roof leak which caused a lot of damage.
I first sent Mr. Burns e-mails of my problem, I also sent photo's of the damage and the roof where I thought it was leaking from. I took a lot of pictures of inside and out and sent them all to him.
He was very polite and set a date to take it back to the factory for repairs.
They said it would take several weeks for repairs but when we got there and I told them we rented a motel room a would wait for them to get it done, they had it fixed in a week.
They did an outstanding job on the repairs, They kept us posted on their progress and we check in on it 2 or 3 times to make sure what needed to be fixed got fixed.
They however did not pay for our room or meals or travel exp. However I was just glad to have my RV back to the way it looked when I bought it.
I know any RV shop would have cost an arm aand a leg to do what they did.
Oh I forgot to yell you our unit was out of warranty, but the leak was caused by a loose awning screw so they offer to repair it, so I jumped on it.
Also I may be able to shed some light on why these things come with so many problems.
When we were there we took the factory tour and these things are built by piece workers. Meaning they get paid by how may units they can turn out, NOT how well they are built.
Our 2008 GeorgeTown XL 378 is fine and we enjoy it very much.
And I do agree that these are entry level units but you do get a lot of Bang for the Buck.
With the amount of problems these things come with it no wonder they try to avoid as many people as they can. It's up to you to make them do what is right anyway you can.
GOOD LUCK
Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #36

That was a good story and I'm glad you got so much repaired at the factory. I'm sure my black water drain is so butchered it'll have to be repaired by another dealer - at my cost. I regret getting my 356rl and sure wish the factory had this back for a full drain repair! I'm supposed to take it back Monday morning for the 3rd time but the forecast is snow overnight - they do the repairs in their parking lot, no heated buildings. ed
Old 12-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #37

Mike Stump of Forest River told me they had the best workers in the RV industry and they checked every coach. As far as a entry level,I bought a ENTRY LEVEL F 350 and Ford stood behind it at all times.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #38

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis cherry View Post
Mike Stump of Forest River told me they had the best workers in the RV industry and they checked every coach. As far as a entry level,I bought a ENTRY LEVEL F 350 and Ford stood behind it at all times.
I wish you'd get off the bandwagon. Its over! You don't even have the unit you've been whinning about ever since I got on this forum a year and a half ago.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #39

I agree! Get over it!