Old 02-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #11
Originally Posted by BigMac8253 View Post

Thanks for your reply. I noticed you have the same year GT as me. I used to have a wiring diagram affixed under the steps on my Georgetown, but it's gone. Weather and road wash got to it I guess. I should have taken it down and preserved it. Bad move on my part that I didn't.

Does yours have a similar wiring diagram?
I have not found one. I figured out which fuse by wire color (white). I had pulled out the switch panel to run more wires back there for my ham radio. The step wires were too short and came unplugged. Since the in and out were the same color, I got them on backwards and blew the fuse.

I actually analyzed it for some time on a cross country trip before I got frustrated enough to concentrate on it and figured out how to correct it.
But, my problem was going in whenever I shut the door rather than staying out. However, I think your's could be a reversed wire or a bad circuit board.

coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #12
Here is a wiring diagram, for under our MH, maybe this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wire Diagram under steps.pdf (318.6 KB, 65 views)

Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378XL
2015 Ford Taurus
Our Baby Dachshund
ramair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:01 PM   #13
has anyone replaced their electric stairs with mechanical (pull out)
and how did this work out?
glenn56h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #14
If you want the steps in when storing the rig could one simply remove the fuse going to the step while they are in the stowed position? Maybe splice a toggle into the power wire at the motor?
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #15
I have a 2013 Georgetown XL and had the same problem. I was emailed some directions to have the step stay in the retracted position when I stopped the engine. They didn't work, so I installed a on/off switch in the area where the steps are. I could have installed the switch inside the motor home, but my wife and I always put the motor home in and out of storage together. How this works is: I stop the motor home and turn everything off with the door close, my wife flips the on/off switch to off (no power to steps) and then I open the door and the steps stay in the retracted position. When its time to leave storage, I get in (steps retracted) and power everything up and with the door closed, my wife flips the switch to power on. When I open the door the step extend. It works extremely well for us. If you were alone, then I would put the on/off switch inside in the stairwell. I hope this helps.

Bubbamace is online now   Reply With Quote