Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #1

On last question..placing my order tomorrow

So I finally made my mind and will be trading my 2012 Sunseeker 3010 for a 2015 Georgetown XL 350TS

I will be choosing the following

Full body paint still debating between Fire Mist or Midnight
Fantastic Fans
Power Driver seat
Dual pane windows
Convection microwave with cooktop (extra cabinet instead of oven)
Roller shades
Cockpit Day screen
Porcelain tiles
GPS
Rear Mud flap

Not a big fan of carpet, I hope the will be able to replace the carpet in bedroom for linoleum hardwood imitation

Only question, should I opt for the low profile AC?

Any other suggestions?
Johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:43 AM   #2

fire mist would have been my first choice for paint, but i bought off the lot for a better price and settled for espresso...i think fire mist blows away the midnight, but of course it's your choice. have you seen both ? the creme brulee is nice, too, and in my opinion better than midnight..

are you gonna do the front bunk or the front TV ? IMHO, the GPS stinks....i didn't use it on my run home; glad i brought my rand mcnally/ good sam unit with me, much better...YMMV though...

if you get low profile AC's, you can't get the heat strips, just in case you care...

i guess the low profiles just make you a few inches lower; not that it matters much once you are over 12'.....

the gene transfer switch ? it's a nice feature...can't remember if it's standard or not on the XL...

also, are you opting for the residential refer ? it's awesome...

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #3

I'll comment on 2 items:
1) The low profile a/c looks better in mho, however I don't think there is any advantage in operating for the low over the "standard". I would want an a/c with either the heat strip or the heat pump so I could get warmth out of it in chilly weather.
2) Dual pane windows are nice but can be a real PAIN in an RV. We owned a 2005 Allegro Bus with dual pane windows and several fogged up due to a leaky seal and needed to be replaced. I understand the problem was not limited to Tiffin coaches so I'd want to know if this is still an issue in the industry before ordering them.

Best of luck with the new unit and have FUN!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #4

If you go with the low profile, you will need the furnace. I have the standard 15K units on my MH w/heat strips, because I didn't see the benefit of the Low Profile.
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
The number one question is the dealer. Check out the service department if they don't have good reputation find on other dealer. There will some things that will need some adjustments in the first year.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I'll comment on 2 items:
1) The low profile a/c looks better in mho, however I don't think there is any advantage in operating for the low over the "standard". I would want an a/c with either the heat strip or the heat pump so I could get warmth out of it in chilly weather.
2) Dual pane windows are nice but can be a real PAIN in an RV. We owned a 2005 Allegro Bus with dual pane windows and several fogged up due to a leaky seal and needed to be replaced. I understand the problem was not limited to Tiffin coaches so I'd want to know if this is still an issue in the industry before ordering them.

Best of luck with the new unit and have FUN!
I wish I had the heat strips or heat pump so I could use the campground electric instead of my propane. Of course, the heat pumps cut off around 40* +or-.

I have dual pane windows in my '05 Georgetown XL and have had one failure in a small rear window. So, I am in favor of them. They keep the condensation to minimum and that promotes less mold. The aluminum frames have more condensation than the glass.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
I wish I had the heat strips or heat pump so I could use the campground electric instead of my propane. Of course, the heat pumps cut off around 40* +or-.

I have dual pane windows in my '05 Georgetown XL and have had one failure in a small rear window. So, I am in favor of them. They keep the condensation to minimum and that promotes less mold. The aluminum frames have more condensation than the glass.

Bill
My last cold excursion, we used the heatstrips during the day, and the propane at night, the heatstrips just don't seem to be warm enough for my taste to sleep comfortably. we where out for a week and only used about 1/2 a tank of propane.
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #8

Thanks all of you for your comments. I had to back out of the deal as for no reason, the dealer increased is price which was already high but close by so I figured I would deal with him. So he asked me for and extra 3,000$ and was really arrogant by saying he will sell all of his RV. Looks like business is treating him very well. I never saw a lineup to buy 130K coach. This whole adventure made me sick.... the problem is we both loved the Gtown 350 and there is not really anything else we like. If I didn't have a trade in, I would go south us the border (I'm in Canada) and buy from a dealer in the USA. Your dealer network is larger and looks like better customer service!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #9

We tried to use the heatstrips when it got cold on our first trip - but the blower for the unit was so loud and kept switching on and off with the temp which was waking me up, so this last weekend I took a tall ceramic heater (with remote! and temp sensor!) that we weren't using at home out and used that at night. Worked awesome to keep us warm and used campground provided electric.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnya View Post
Thanks all of you for your comments. I had to back out of the deal as for no reason, the dealer increased is price which was already high but close by so I figured I would deal with him. So he asked me for and extra 3,000$ and was really arrogant by saying he will sell all of his RV. Looks like business is treating him very well. I never saw a lineup to buy 130K coach. This whole adventure made me sick.... the problem is we both loved the Gtown 350 and there is not really anything else we like. If I didn't have a trade in, I would go south us the border (I'm in Canada) and buy from a dealer in the USA. Your dealer network is larger and looks like better customer service!
That has got to be terribly disappointing. But, makes you wonder if a dealer would treat you that way before a purchase, how would they treat you after?
I'm learning the hard way that I probably should have purchased elsewhere. (Not all customer service is better here)
Hang in there. Might be a blessing in disguise.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
Always Learning

Can't you sell your existing unit yourself and not deal with it as a trade? Down here, I use Craigslist like it's an ATM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Can't you sell your existing unit yourself and not deal with it as a trade? Down here, I use Craigslist like it's an ATM.

Well here in Quebec, we have roughly 15% taxes. So on a RV of 130,000$, the taxes that I need to pay will be 19,500$

If I go trough a dealer fo my current RV, I will only pay taxes on the difference (130,000$-70,000$) so only on 60,000$ which is a saving of 10,500$. It is substantial.. But looking at this episode differently, I just made 70,500$ by keeping my current RV!
Old 06-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #13

A New RV??
Get to know the service/repair department.
They are going to be your new best friends.
Bring then donuts,
I'm sure you'll be seeing them soon,
for those little after the sale
fixes, Good Luck!!

Keep the old one.
you can do a lot of upgrading for $70,500
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #14

A perfect example of how high taxes will stifle the economy.
Preadus is offline   Reply With Quote