Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #1

On the road for almost 30 days with my 2012 GT 378TS

Hi All
It seems we always hear about things that happen to our Georgetowns and problems but I'm here to say after the bugs are worked out in any new rig everything is working great.
Well, I have been on the road travelling since January 19th and have driven almost 4,000 miles and have setup at 13 camp sites and my 2012 Georgetown has operated flawlessly.
I have been driving the good and bad highways between Arizona and Florida and now heading back to Arizona. My mpg is in the mid 7 range but have also been running 65 - 70 mph as the highways permit.
The Ford chassis and drive train is a great setup and really like it. Plenty of of power and torque whne i need it. We have used the electric fire place for heat and has worked great.
The only thing I have have done is added water to all the cells of my two house batteries and checked my engine and transmission fluids. Tires have monitors on them and have not lost any psi. I'm running 100 psi cold and hot on the road they run 103 psi front and 107 psi rears. I still need to get this weighed at a CAT scale just for the knowing what my true weight is.

When I get home next week I will give my Georgetown a good bath and shapoo. I will change oil, filter and lube the front end. Inspect all around and get ready for my next adventure.
Here are a few shots from Key west Florida campsite.
Yes it was amazing on the Florida Keys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4752.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	24372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4742.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	24373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4755.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24374  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #2

Hey Iggy, maybe we passed each other. We've been down here in Southern Florida and the keys since late December. Life's a beach.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

Glad to hear you had a great trip, I agree this is my 2nd Georgetown once the bugs are worked out these rigs preform just as good or if not better then any other coach on the road. Have a safe trip back home.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #4

Glad to hear things went well. Nice pics!! How come your sand is tan and ours is white??? Oh, wait, our's is snow .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Hey Iggy we came to Tucson AZ to get warm and it's not there so took coach trip to Rocky Point MX and the wind is still cool. Are you bringing some good weather back with you?
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #6

This is the type of trips we have planned for when we upgrade to a motorhome. The first one will be all around the coast of Florida from Pensacola to Key West to Tampa Bay to Miami to Jacksonville and back home. We would most likely stay the longest in the Key West area. We probably would make to detour to Orlando for a few days.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo Dad View Post
Hey Iggy, maybe we passed each other. We've been down here in Southern Florida and the keys since late December. Life's a beach.
If you both have your FRF decals on your rigs, then you would probably know if you passed each other.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon35 View Post
Hey Iggy we came to Tucson AZ to get warm and it's not there so took coach trip to Rocky Point MX and the wind is still cool. Are you bringing some good weather back with you?
We are heading home as quickly as possible. I will try and bring some warmer weather but it doesn't look good for another week.
Where are you staying in Rocky Point? We like The Reef RV campground west of downtown a few miles up the coast.

Iggy
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
We are heading home as quickly as possible. I will try and bring some warmer weather but it doesn't look good for another week.
Where are you staying in Rocky Point? We like The Reef RV campground west of downtown a few miles up the coast.

Iggy
We came down here with Gray Line and are staying in a hotel. We left George behind in Tucson.
We have friends that came down with a caravan that are staying at Playa Boniface park. They sure are packed in there. But there are two caravans in there right now.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon35 View Post
We came down here with Gray Line and are staying in a hotel. We left George behind in Tucson.
We have friends that came down with a caravan that are staying at Playa Boniface park. They sure are packed in there. But there are two caravans in there right now.
We will be heading that way for 2 weeks in mid March. We have a group of 22 rigs in our carivan from California, Nevada and Arizona.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
Uncle AL

Good Day:

Has anyone replaced the Dining Table on a Georgetown 378XL? The factory table seems fairly unstable and am hoping to do some modifications like a Credenza with a slide out extension table. Does any have any leads on the bracket or hardward needed for such a remodel?

Thanks and hope to hear back,

Uncle Al
Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #12

Totally agree with you Iggy. We have the 012 Model 360 and spent most of last summer in it. These coaches give you a lot of bang for the buck. Over on the Good Sam forums the Diesel Pusher crown turns their noses up at gassers, but I like to poke a stick in their eye buy reminding them how much more they had to pay!
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #13

Iggy, great photos. thanks. Enjoy your travels.
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #14

BillMFl
I have met many new friends on this trip with diesel pushers who approcahed me and asked questions. They all wanted to know about the Georgetown.
I tell them about the Ford chassis, V-10 and drive train is wonderful.
I can easily run the speed limit and still get reasonable mileage. 7 to 8 mpg.
One guy told me tat he had a 400 hp diesel and I asked what he got and told me 4 to 5 mpg. He was looking at finding a gas rig because it cost him too much in fuel and additive as well as monthly payments.
He liked the price range the Georgtownes were.

One guy told me that his would be worth more when he sells it.
I laughed and said mine was $200,000 cheaper than his and more economical to drive and yes mine will be worth less when I sell because I have less invested in it up front. He didn't say much after that.

Well I'm home and started my list of things to do on my Georgetown before my next trip which will be in mid March.

It was a great 6,000 mile trip with no problems and I was running 70 -75 miles per hour the past two days getting home. This thing drove like a top... Yes it was mostly in the flats of Texas, Mexico and Arizona.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #15

We been in Winter Haven Florida since January 7th and with the exception of two days it has been wonderful. Try to stay warm, at least we aren't in the Northeast.
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
We been in Winter Haven Florida since January 7th and with the exception of two days it has been wonderful. Try to stay warm, at least we aren't in the Northeast.

Already missing Florida and we have been home one night. Rain and cold here in Arizona and they expect snow down to 3,500 ft today.
High today was 48 degrees and spend the day servicing the Georgetown.
Done the oil and filter change as well as servicing the batteries and did a little cleaning inside. Tightened a few screws and lubes the steps.
That's enough for today and I will finish tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #17

IGGY; your 1st pic shows a red FIAT 500 in front of the MH. Is that yours and if so do you flat tow it, and what mods did you have to do to flat tow it. Thanks

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
IGGY; your 1st pic shows a red FIAT 500 in front of the MH. Is that yours and if so do you flat tow it, and what mods did you have to do to flat tow it. Thanks
Yes it is my Fiat 500, 5 speed standard transmisssion.
Just hook it up and place in neutral and pull on all 4 wheels.
During our trip many folks stopped by to take a look and ask questions.
Pulls like nothing is there.
I bought the tow plate myself and installed it in about an hour.
Basic hand tools and easy to pull the front plastic off and back on.
You remove the Fiats front bumper metal bracket and install the Roadmaster plate in the exact same holes.

Iggy
Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #19

HI Iggy I,m glad to hear you had a great trip to FL. and back to AZ with no proplems with the georgetown .We are in Texas since early Jan. our trip down from NJ was flawless with my Georgetown I did install the 5 Star Tunning my Coach shifted nice with no high rpm screeming up little inclines like overpasses i,m very happy with it .
If you still are intrsted in 5Star I would recomment it .
We will be heading back to NJ next week I,M not looking forward to that I beginning to like warmer Places .
Take care stay save enjoy what you have
George
2012 Georgetown 280DS tOWING A 2002 Saturn LW 200 St. Wagon
RED Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #20

Thanks IGGY hadn't thought about the standard trans didn't think anyone made them any more. Was it a special order or on the lot car and do you use a brakeing sys for the car while towing?

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378ts