Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #1

Opinion on a 2010 Georgetown 374

I'm currently looking at trading in my 2003 DSDP and was wondering if anyone has any opinions about the George town 2011 374?

I know going from a DP to a gasser might be an issue but the price seems ok and the DW wants the washer/dryer combo.

Thanks

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I've never had any other motorhome other than our Georgetown gasser. Semi-retirement had me driving school buses for awhile which were diesel, but let's be honest, it was a school bus, and I have to believe any gasser is a better drive. I don't think there's any argument that almost any diesel pusher is a nicer unit to drive than a gasser motorhome.

If you're thinking of switching because of the washer/dryer issue, that should be your topic here. RV washer dyers are not as efficient or time saving as your home units....no Georgetown will provide for 220 volts when it comes to drying, and the washer unit is never as big as your home units either.

Just my two cents.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Usually nothing in a camper will work as well as a home unit, but we find the washer/dryer invaluable and use it all the time. The biggest complaint I've heard about the older GTowns has been the "pleather" seat coverings peeling.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
I've never had any other motorhome other than our Georgetown gasser. Semi-retirement had me driving school buses for awhile which were diesel, but let's be honest, it was a school bus, and I have to believe any gasser is a better drive. I don't think there's any argument that almost any diesel pusher is a nicer unit to drive than a gasser motorhome.

If you're thinking of switching because of the washer/dryer issue, that should be your topic here. RV washer dyers are not as efficient or time saving as your home units....no Georgetown will provide for 220 volts when it comes to drying, and the washer unit is never as big as your home units either.

Just my two cents.
Thanks, not thinking of switching because of a washer/dryer, have one in my current MH and DW wants one in the next. Very few gassers offer both the length we're looking at as well as a washer/dryer.

This would be my 4th MH - I've has 1 gasser and two DPs. I considering because its around 12 years newer than my last gasser and I assume there have been improvements in handling and road noise over the last few years.

Thanks

Chris
Old 02-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Usually nothing in a camper will work as well as a home unit, but we find the washer/dryer invaluable and use it all the time. The biggest complaint I've heard about the older GTowns has been the "pleather" seat coverings peeling.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be looking out for that. Currently the pictures look real good but you never know.

Chris
Old 03-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #6

I bought a 2011 374ts new and have loved it since day 1. Has performed like a champ back and forth from Canada to Florida annually.comforable ride and living, did not get the washer and dryer because the are too small to be effectively useable to wash more than what you are wearing👌
JW DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #7

We have a 2011 374DS, and really love the floor plan. It pulls our toad nicely as well. We bought it used last year, and had to fix a number of things, but mostly nothing out of the ordinary. One thing that I did not expect is finding the forward dash wood rotted. Apparently, a prior owner had allowed a leak at the roof where the front cap joins. This was a painful discovery, and a very involved fix. I wouldn't have bought it had I known beforehand. I understand from other threads that many of them have seat cover fail due to a bad batch of material. I got new seat covers from the supplier, had them installed locally and they look great; Similarly, like a lot of them, the headliner was coming down, but I have re-glued those as well. It was not hard, and I did not replace the material. We don't have a Washer/D, and use that spot as storage. We may get a W/D later if/when we go full-timing. I've kept a running list on my fixes, if you are interested as a guide to what to look for (or expect). Oh, yeah, it has too many TVs.
-Richard
Richard W Eason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #8

Thanks Richard;
I you have a list of other issues to look for that would be appreciated.
I'll be leaving tomorrow on a three day road trip to look at (at least) three different motor homes.
I hope to get to the Georgetown on Friday after noon (this was supposed to be weekend getaway with the DW but has morphed into a RV hunting trip).

Thanks

Chris
Old 03-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #9

Just an update for those following this thread;

The Georgetown has been crossed of the list, a lot of minor issues inside that were poorly repaired by the owner, but the biggest deal breaker was on the outside.
I noticed some peeling paint on the bottom corner of the rear slide with orginal color showing through. Set off alarm bells.
Next I noticed some paint bubbling around the back window and then what seemed like "buttons" starting to push through the paint along with what looked like a line where paint was peeling. Also peeling paint on the bumper.
Paint did not match on the corner with the last bin which was also hard to open.

I suspect the owner did a cheap repair after either backing into something hard enough to crack the fiberglass from the right rear all the way to the window or someone hit him from the right rear.
There was then an amateur repair made. I say amateur because you can see it and the paint doesn't match. Surface wasn't properly prepared etc. I think he was trying to save an insurance claim and did it on the cheap and now it shows

Salesman was shocked when I pointed it out(or maybe a good actor?).

Anyhow the hunt continues, I saw 3 MHs this weekend on an 800 mile trip, the HR was filthy and needed at least 10K worth of work inside before I'd even consider looking at it. The Georgetown as above, the Super Nova was in great shape, liked the layout but it had no washer/dryer and that was a dealbreaker for the DW.

Thanks to all who replied to my questions, appreciate the help.

Chris

Tags
georgetown