Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #1

Question Opinions On The 335DS

We currently own a Class C Sunseeker by Forest River, and looking to upgrade to the Georgetown 335DS.
We have had no problems with our Sunseeker at all.
But in going through some of the threads here, it seems there are a lot of things to consider with the Georgetown.
Are there a lot of quality / warranty issues.
Your opinions are appreciated.
Thanks.
Mike & Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #2

This is our first class A, but I can tell you when we bought our brand new $30k TT is had all sorts of issues as well. We love our FR, but I'm already noticing a lot of quality of work stuff. You know, if it was made in Japan it would be perfect, but made in the USA and you lose quality. I love my country, but we've been known to put some poor quality products out there when the Japs and Germans were running circles around us.

With that being said, I think you'll find all sorts of quality and warranty issues with any RV whether it's a pop up or a motorhome. I think the problem is that RVs have a lot of hands on construction and if the guy that put that thing together had a hangover or a bad day...well, you get what I'm saying. And I bet, to save money, they don't have a quality assurance guy inspecting every bolt on the RV.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

I have a 335 and no major problems yet. I did add a rear track bar and did the switch on the front sway bar holes. It drives a lot better now. We liked the layout and it works out well for us.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #4

We did the same thing a week ago. We had a sunseeker 2900. was great, but we knew right away we wanted to upgrade. Had alot of fun with SS with no major issues, with the exception of the GPS.
We looked at ALOT of class A and decided that the floor plan of the 335ds fit us perfectly! Picked it up 2014 335ds last saturday. Since then, we have only had it one full day. Been in the shop since. Has 1,000mi on it. lol read my post "brake line failure" if your interested. Oh, one other small thing, the drivers map light was out. Still waiting on that from the dealer. Would like to hear if you purchase one, and any problems you encounter.
Tim
tnt588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #5

The drivers map light does not turn on with the map light switch, it turns on with the dash light dimmer (all the way up). It seems the dealers don't know this and we all have to figure it out the hard way.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Toad with ReadyBrute Elite
Networx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #6

We took delivery of our 335 in May. We have thus far put a bit over 5000 miles on it and used it on 41 nights. We have had list of little things to be taken care of, but nothing incapacitating. (Wheel balance, alignment, a Carbon monoxide detector that had to be swapped out, ...) I have followed other posts from 335 owners, and while they too may have had issues, given the complexity of the product they seem to be few common problems.
We love the layout, and are ready to spend 7 weeks in warmer climate this winter.
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networx View Post
The drivers map light does not turn on with the map light switch, it turns on with the dash light dimmer (all the way up). It seems the dealers don't know this and we all have to figure it out the hard way.
+1 I had to figure it out the hard way. I even took it apart to see what was going on. Glad we left late to go camping and managed to turn the dial all the way up. My wife had a good point, she said, "why does it have map lights, we have GPS". LOL
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #8

Hey Networx,
Thanks for the info. Finally got the Gt home tonight. YUP,, map light works just as you said.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #9

Check which model of toilet is in the 335DS, if it is the Dometic 300 and you start to smell something off in the bathroom it is likely the toilet. If the seal is not installed correctly the liquids from the bowl seep into the space between the inner and outer shells. Then you start to notice the smell. Dometic will ship you a replacement no charge and they upgrade it to the 310 Model. Easy swap out to do, takes maybe 30 minutes. Also if it has the Lippert Entry steps on it, expect the shear bolt to bust some day when you are getting out of the coach. Another known problem, FR is authorizing dealer to replace them with KwiKee entry steps. Other problem we had was that the Microwave oven rattled when driving making a horrible sound. They use 3" bolts to secure it to the above cabinet, the screws are too long. I replaced mine with 2" bolts and tightened it up against the cabinet and all is quiet now. Otherwise we are very happy with our new 2014 335DS.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote