Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #1

orange hoses

howdy: well I was doing my maintance thing today before we leave on trip June 16 everything looked good until I looked at orange hydraulic hoses leaking a little bet, so I put in a call to Steve and left message, will call camping world tomorrow to see what they can do. We planned this trip for months, I have been watching these hoses ever since a lot of people were having problem they seemed good and no bulges and no leaks so I went with it, how long does this take to repair once they got product. Maybe I should of done a long time ago but they have to be bad first they said so I rode it out now I am idle. Any suggestion's would help.doesnt leave much time for repair.2012 378ts. Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #2

I have an identical model and the actual removal and replacement took only about 4 hours at my local rv repair facility. The most time was getting all the hoses from Lippert ( I dealt directly with them and not FR and may have been allowed due to VIN number). Lippert required pictures and that took time. Then waiting for the parts to ship. I had to call Lippert to move things along. I believe the total time was 6 days from input to delivery. That was 2 years past and have no issues since. One thing, dealing directly with Lippert allowed me to take my MH to any repair facility that would do the waranty work ( my dealer is 100 miles away). One other thing; even though not all orange hoses had bulged I insisted that all the orange hoses be replaced and Lippert complied. Good luck with your up coming ordeal.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I have an identical model and the actual removal and replacement took only about 4 hours at my local rv repair facility. The most time was getting all the hoses from Lippert ( I dealt directly with them and not FR and may have been allowed due to VIN number). Lippert required pictures and that took time. Then waiting for the parts to ship. I had to call Lippert to move things along. I believe the total time was 6 days from input to delivery. That was 2 years past and have no issues since. One thing, dealing directly with Lippert allowed me to take my MH to any repair facility that would do the waranty work ( my dealer is 100 miles away). One other thing; even though not all orange hoses had bulged I insisted that all the orange hoses be replaced and Lippert complied. Good luck with your up coming ordeal.
thanks, all camping world dealers are booked up for up to 4 weeks, called some local dealers same thing. I will leave it parked for summer and go at it next year.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
thanks, all camping world dealers are booked up for up to 4 weeks, called some local dealers same thing. I will leave it parked for summer and go at it next year.
Have you thought about going to NAPA or a tractor supply place and have them make a set?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #5

A truck or hydraulic line shop should be able to do the job for you. When I purchased my rig the dealer cheapened out and only changed some of the lines. On our maiden trip I noticed not all lines were changed (shame on me for believing the dealer when I asked if they were all changed). Took the rig back to the dealer immediately upon our return, raised some kane with the owner. They had a mobile hydraulic repair shop come to the dealership and replace the lines not changed originally on site. And, they are better lines than Lippert's because they had to be New York State D.O.T. approved.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #6

orange hoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
A truck or hydraulic line shop should be able to do the job for you. When I purchased my rig the dealer cheapened out and only changed some of the lines. On our maiden trip I noticed not all lines were changed (shame on me for believing the dealer when I asked if they were all changed). Took the rig back to the dealer immediately upon our return, raised some kane with the owner. They had a mobile hydraulic repair shop come to the dealership and replace the lines not changed originally on site. And, they are better lines than Lippert's because they had to be New York State D.O.T. approved.
so this morning I got up early and started calling places to fix my hoses all booked, but camping world service manager gave me a number of a mobile guy that fixes there hoses.so I called him and he said he could do next week I was shocked, we talked about the problem about these hoses and he already knew about them, he said he uses all parker hoses and he said they will last the life of MH, so he said he will make an appointment for next week to takes 7 hours to complete job I was shocked, all I am doing now is waiting for his call tomorrow to set time next week. Thanks to all for the help I will let you know how it all goes. Talked to forest river and they told me to fax the bill to them and his manager will look at it and cut me a check. He said it wont be exact amount but close. Pete
Old 06-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #7

Quote:
so this morning I got up early and started calling places to fix my hoses all booked, but camping world service manager gave me a number of a mobile guy that fixes there hoses.so I called him and he said he could do next week I was shocked, we talked about the problem about these hoses and he already knew about them, he said he uses all parker hoses and he said they will last the life of MH, so he said he will make an appointment for next week to takes 7 hours to complete job I was shocked, all I am doing now is waiting for his call tomorrow to set time next week. Thanks to all for the help I will let you know how it all goes. Talked to forest river and they told me to fax the bill to them and his manager will look at it and cut me a check. He said it wont be exact amount but close. Pete
Excellent.

Depending on how well the mobile guy does I would be tempted to add his name and number to my speed dial.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Excellent.

Depending on how well the mobile guy does I would be tempted to add his name and number to my speed dial.
well after all this time I think I found the guy that will fix my hoses he said it will done by Friday, everybody else is busy. I have talked to so many people about these hoses that I think I am a pro.forestriver said fax them the bill and they will look at it a cut me a check. I didn't want to use forest river hoses, what rv guy is using is double rubber lines and stainless steel wrapped 4000 psi rated. This only makes since. I have 2 days to get ready for 30 day trip I will be hauling butt now.thanks Pete
Old 06-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #9

Quote:
well after all this time I think I found the guy that will fix my hoses he said it will done by Friday, everybody else is busy. I have talked to so many people about these hoses that I think I am a pro.forestriver said fax them the bill and they will look at it a cut me a check. I didn't want to use forest river hoses, what rv guy is using is double rubber lines and stainless steel wrapped 4000 psi rated. This only makes since. I have 2 days to get ready for 30 day trip I will be hauling butt now.thanks Pete
well I got mh back today all works good, had a little problem turning on button on power to control panel, push button and nothing, so I pushed it again and held it nothing, then I pushed it again and yellow light came on,anyway all jacks and slides worked good,rv guy did this in 3 days all orange hoses, he did find a pinched black line that he replaced also. We are up and running now. Has anybody had problems turning on control panel, is it soft touch or have to hold it, never had a problem with it before. Pete