Old 04-16-2015, 06:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xaround View Post
I'm reading thru notes and previous forum threads to make sure we have a complete list of everything we would like to have added. Glad you mentioned the hard-wired surge guard. Not sure if hubby has that on his list, but it wasn't on mine.

Our conversation today is on steering stabilizers. Some seem to feel they make a significant difference while others don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Irishman View Post

I did probably the same research you guys are doing and I did two things - aired up all of the tires to 92 psi and did the cheap handling fix (CHF) on the front. Drove 150 miles immediately after that, one handed, didn't cringe when being passed by a large truck and actually enjoyed the drive.

Tom
Totally include the HW surge guard, we got the progressive industries one and I find it to give me good piece of mind that I'm not getting hit with a bad line when hooked up. Had it trip on our last campsite whenever you walked by the post and the plug moved.....! So, it was nice that it worked.

100% agree on the moving of the trailer hitch electrical - we had it moved (and the HW surge guard installed) even before we picked up the unit. The RV dealer usually installed a different surge guard unit, but I wanted the Progressive Industries one, so they ordered it for me....once the shop manager read up on it, he said they'd be recommending it going forward over the other ones.

Lastly - we just bought a TPMS (well, it was a Christmas gift from my mother) and had the dually stem extensions put on and installed the sensors. We have the TMT 507, and it was SO easy to set up and works awesome. We ordered directly from TMT, and they could NOT have been more helpful and friendly on the phone.

I've got a photo around here somewhere, I'll post it.

Garren

Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #12

Here we go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	74437  

Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #13

We picked up our new 364ts at MHSRV on Monday and we have traveled 500 miles since, and I can say it is a fantastic experience. We traveled thru wind and semi and can report that there haven't been any problems. We are LOVIN our new 364ts.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger2650 View Post
We picked up our new 364ts at MHSRV on Monday and we have traveled 500 miles since, and I can say it is a fantastic experience. We traveled thru wind and semi and can report that there haven't been any problems. We are LOVIN our new 364ts.
That's really good to hear.

We're still waiting. Not sure how long it takes to drive it from Indiana to Illinois but it definitely came off line last week. We're really hoping to get a call today.

Fantastic husband, 2 daughters, 2 foster sons and 3 pups
http://worldofweeks.com/
2xaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #15

Got the call. Our 364TS arrived today. We'll go do our walk-thru on Tuesday. We have decided to get the HW surge guard but will wait until we've driven it and used in a few times before making a final decision on any other upgrades.

We also installed 50 amp service and extended our driveway so we can store her at home. Can't wait to do a few practice runs here at home and then hit the campgrounds.

Will post pictures next week.

Fantastic husband, 2 daughters, 2 foster sons and 3 pups
http://worldofweeks.com/
2xaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #16

New to Forest River - New 364TS

We are picking up a 2016 364 TS next week at MHSRV in TX. Thanks for all the great info here and other areas on this forum. Especially appreciate the PDI checklist from Garren.

Will be interesting to see how this unit drives. We previously owned a 95 Winne Brave and an 05 Tiffin Phaeton - the latter was a dream to drive. Moved to this MH so we can start hauling grandkids around during the summer.

Have seen a couple of posts that the 364TS drives nicely, but will be ready to apply the CHF "Quick Fix" if necessary while heading back home.

Look forward to meeting some of you on the road as we travel
Working on a second life
Fried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried View Post
We are picking up a 2016 364 TS next week at MHSRV in TX. Thanks for all the great info here and other areas on this forum. Especially appreciate the PDI checklist from Garren.

Will be interesting to see how this unit drives. We previously owned a 95 Winne Brave and an 05 Tiffin Phaeton - the latter was a dream to drive. Moved to this MH so we can start hauling grandkids around during the summer.

Have seen a couple of posts that the 364TS drives nicely, but will be ready to apply the CHF "Quick Fix" if necessary while heading back home.

Look forward to meeting some of you on the road as we travel

I'm curious, whats your opinion of the driving experience in the 364 vs Phaeton?
2015 Nights Camped - 12 (so far)
DFW Area
1903wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #18

Moved to a Berkshire DP so I won't be providing feedback here - after viewing the coach, we decided to make a change - all the best to all on their RV lifestyle!
Working on a second life
Fried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #19
1st Time RVers

Our 364TS Arrived 4/9/15

Hope you enjoy! We took delivery of our 2016 364TS on 4/13/15. My wife and I are first time rvers and have taken 2 short overnight trips. So far so good.