Old 04-13-2015, 10:03 AM   #1

Our 364TS Will Arrive Soon

According to the dealership last Monday, our 364TS was due off-line sometime last week. We're hoping to get a call this week to come in for the walk-thru.

I've found a couple PDI check-lists, but would like to know if any of my fellow Georgetown owners have a favorite they would like to share.

Fantastic husband, 2 daughters, 2 foster sons and 3 pups
http://worldofweeks.com/
2xaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #2

Fingers crossed that you get 'the call'. Congrats and post some pics when you can.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #3

I just used the one from the forum, but I also created a list of "hot spots" that other GT owners had seen recently to specifically check. I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks
Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #4

Found it! Some items may not apply....

Garren
Attached Files
File Type: docx PDI specific things to check.docx (18.2 KB, 107 views)
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:01 PM   #5

Thanks much Garren!

Old 04-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #6

Inspection Checklist

Being in the Inspection field for more than 30 years I can help a little. When we picked out our 335 Georgetown I took a simple approach I methodically started at the door on inside and looked floor to sealing in a clockwise motion till I got back to the door again. Biggest thing is not to have anyone rush you after all you are paying for it. When I was done inside I went outside and started at the door again, even climbed the ladder on back to look at the roof. When I was done there was 31 items on my list things included molding not secured to slight tear in couch fabric to Styrofoam in my light lenses. Be methodical and take your time because somethings will have to be sent in for warranty review and this way it cuts down on dealer trips.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskom View Post
...Styrofoam in my light lenses...
Had to chuckle at that...I'm still dumping that stuff out! Every time we use the AC, we get more. It's from the way that the AC ducts and wire channels are interconnected in the roof "sandwich"
Old 04-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #8

Congrats!! I'd have a hard time waiting...that was a nice advantage for us buying one off their lot. However, you're getting a brand new coach with everything YOU want. Very exciting!!

Are you having the dealer add anything before you pick it up? Hard-wired surge guard?

Also, hopefully someone that has a newer coach can respond, but if they are still mounting the trailer light connector under the hitch, ask them to mount it on top before you pick it up. Speaking from experience, as many others have said, it'll likely hit the pavement and break off.

You're so close!!! And just as the great weather is getting to us!!

Tom

2014 Georgetown 351DS, 5 kids, 2 dogs, and an amazing wife!

The Wandering Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Irishman View Post
Congrats!! I'd have a hard time waiting...that was a nice advantage for us buying one off their lot. However, you're getting a brand new coach with everything YOU want. Very exciting!!

Are you having the dealer add anything before you pick it up? Hard-wired surge guard?

Also, hopefully someone that has a newer coach can respond, but if they are still mounting the trailer light connector under the hitch, ask them to mount it on top before you pick it up. Speaking from experience, as many others have said, it'll likely hit the pavement and break off.

You're so close!!! And just as the great weather is getting to us!!

Tom
I'm reading thru notes and previous forum threads to make sure we have a complete list of everything we would like to have added. Glad you mentioned the hard-wired surge guard. Not sure if hubby has that on his list, but it wasn't on mine.

Our conversation today is on steering stabilizers. Some seem to feel they make a significant difference while others don't.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xaround View Post
Our conversation today is on steering stabilizers. Some seem to feel they make a significant difference while others don't.
I think you will find many opinions on the steering stabilizers, but what it ultimately comes down to is how YOU feel it drives and if YOU feel you need it.

I test drove ours when we were just looking, only went about 5 miles with me driving, 5 miles with the salesman driving. It drove like I expected. When we bought it and drove it more, I thought it was all over the road and I was mortified thinking "what did I get myself into???"

I did probably the same research you guys are doing and I did two things - aired up all of the tires to 92 psi and did the cheap handling fix (CHF) on the front. Drove 150 miles immediately after that, one handed, didn't cringe when being passed by a large truck and actually enjoyed the drive.

8,600 miles later I'm now so comfortable with how it drives "normally" that I know when I have a tire (noticeably) low. So for me, I'll spend the money on the TPMS first. Would I love a steering stabilizer too? Probably...but I don't know any better and am comfortable with how it drives now.

BTW, since we purchased from the same dealer you did, I had all this same research in my back pocket and tried to get them to add on a steering stabilizer and rear trackbar as part of the deal because I thought I'd need it - Pontiac RV does nothing mechanical so it was a no-go in my deal. I still want to add that rear trackbar though to help with the body roll and sway while going down the road.

When you finally get your coach (I'll bet that wait is killing you!) I'd recommend trying the "free" fixes first before you throw money at what may not be a problem for YOU. If you still don't like how it drives after those things, then you have all the information and knowledge you need on what's available to help make that ride safer and more comfortable for YOU.

Tom

2014 Georgetown 351DS, 5 kids, 2 dogs, and an amazing wife!

The Wandering Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote