Old 09-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #11

Whoops

2009 350 SE TS. Make sure your steps are up before driving off, I didn't once and had to replace a good portion of the assembly.
New V-10s have had the spark plug problem fixed with a thicker head.
If your slides or leveling jacks quit working, there is a circuit breaker under the steps to the left. You'll see a little flag hanging down. Just reset it. Had to replace our microwave. Recommend a convection/microwave as a replacement, you'll never use your oven except for a bread box again.
Get you self a 50 amp extension cord, it's easier to handle than the factory installed one.
Tennis balls under your windshield wiper arms save the wipers.
If you plan on a towing toad, get a hula skirt instead of a solid mud flap, saves gas.
Switched out the winegard antenna for a new Jack antenna that I don't have to remember to crank down.

Good Luck

Old 09-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #12

What is a Jack antenna?
Lloyd

Old 09-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #13

Llyod,
Camping World has them. They are only about 12 inches high and will turn a full 360 degrees. The unit has a field strength meter right at the azimuth control so you can zero in on the station you want. Also there is a good installation procedure on the web. Just do a search for it.
SnowBird9
Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourn3833 View Post
We just purchased a used 2008 with 9700 miles on it. Triple slide with bunks for the gran kids. Has anyone experienced anything we should keep an eye out for. I'd rather be proactive than eactive when it comes to fixing things. Also did your rigs come with 2 sink covers or 1
Thanks all
Don't get discouraged by all the "look out for" comments, enjoy your rig and may you have many years of happy RVing, we love our Georgetown and our only problems have been self inflicted. Like the comment of 150# of tools in the dinette and then runing the slide, they should have been in the basement but hey, it's a self inflicted wound not a Georgetown issue.

Safe Travels and enjoy.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 AM   #15

We've had a blast so far and put 1100 miles on it since we bought it, all in Florida. I've replaced most if not all the steel exposed screws on it with stainless steel including the brake lights in the rear. I hate seeing rusty screws. I've also taken the time to paint any of the exposed steel under it with a Rust-Oleum product that kills rust. Waxed from top to bottom, helps when you need to clean the nasty love bugs off the front. I've made some repairs here and there the factory should have thought a little harder about, but other than that it's been great. I also replaced the TV in the back with a flat screen that fit perfectly behind the trim and looks like a factory install. We hope to be back in Fort Wilderness Halloween weekend.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #16
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourn3833 View Post
We've had a blast so far and put 1100 miles on it since we bought it, all in Florida. I've replaced most if not all the steel exposed screws on it with stainless steel including the brake lights in the rear. I hate seeing rusty screws. I've also taken the time to paint any of the exposed steel under it with a Rust-Oleum product that kills rust. Waxed from top to bottom, helps when you need to clean the nasty love bugs off the front. I've made some repairs here and there the factory should have thought a little harder about, but other than that it's been great. I also replaced the TV in the back with a flat screen that fit perfectly behind the trim and looks like a factory install. We hope to be back in Fort Wilderness Halloween weekend.
Glad to hear everything is going well. You've been busy. I know the feeling about rusty screws. Still wonder why they use fasteners they know will rust on a product they know will be exposed to the weather. It can't cost that much more to do it right. But I'm sure it's to keep the costs down. Have a great weekend!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourn3833
We've had a blast so far and put 1100 miles on it since we bought it, all in Florida.
Sounds like you're having fun and that's the important thing. Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #18

Yes we are thanks