Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #1

Our new 329DS

Well we just took delivery of our new Fire Mist 329DS. Spent all weekend getting all moved it.

We did the progressive hard wire surge protector for some extra piece of mind.

Also we found the storage locks to be horribly sticky. Solved that with a little silicone spray. Now they are like butter.

The family is so excited. Headed out in a few weeks for the weekend. Will post some pictures then.

Lastly I do have a question. When doing our walk through they never showed me the pull to drain the fresh water tank. Anyone have an idea? Not like our toy hauler.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Congrats on your new rig. Hope you enjoy it.

As far a to where your fresh water drain is...........they are different locations for every model. However, they are really easy to identify. You'll need to crawl underneath and look for some small plastic tubes hanging down. They usually have clips or taps on the end of them to open or close the specific valve tank..........total system drain, fresh water drain, low point drain, whatever.

It's not hard to find them.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #3

Congrats on your new Fire Mist 329DS. Thumbs up on the surge protector.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #4

Thanks.

So no pull like the gray tank for the fresh water tank? That is how my toy hauler was and what I was looking for. I guess I will have to look again.

On another note man there are some cool things we never had with out TH. the auto leveling is very cool. The battery boost to jump either rig or genny is sweet. Oh yeah and the auto awning.

This is going to make camping all that much better

Anyone know where I can get some floor mats for the front to include the engine hump? What about the type of bulbs in the ceiling lights, I would like to go LED and I didn't pull one before I put her in storage.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #5

Going2drt, congrats on the new rig! You sure get a lot for your money on the 329. Why use mats, like in a car, up front by the driver and passenger? I went to the the dollar store and got real nice rubber backed carpet squares. A rubber mat will make it look like a pick-up.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #6

Correct I do not want rubber mats but more of a carpet mat to keep the carpet nice when climbing in and out of the front seats.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on your new Georgetown 329DS. As for the matts we bought some cheapy bath matts at WalMart, We also use bathroom rugs at the front door. They come 2 to a set for under $10. My wife just washed them in the washing machine and they look new and go for another season.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #8

enjoy your new ride, just remember to make a check list when camping so the antenna or awning is not lost to tree or other camper on way out. Have fun. We refer to it as roughing it E Z.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

The only carpeting in our rig is in the cockpit and bedroom. The rest of the rig is vinyl flooring......easier to keep clean.

As far as mats for the front.........I had a set I kept from my GMC Envoy that I sold, and use them in our Georgetown. When people see the mats, with the GMC logo, I tell them..........that's right.....Georgetown Motor Coach!!!

I don't cover the engine hump......we don't promote stepping on it.

Did you find the drain point hoses yet?

Someone with one of the newer Georgetowns would be able to tell you the type of LED ceiling lights they come with nowadays.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
The only carpeting in our rig is in the cockpit and bedroom. The rest of the rig is vinyl flooring......easier to keep clean.

As far as mats for the front.........I had a set I kept from my GMC Envoy that I sold, and use them in our Georgetown. When people see the mats, with the GMC logo, I tell them..........that's right.....Georgetown Motor Coach!!!

I don't cover the engine hump......we don't promote stepping on it.

Did you find the drain point hoses yet?

Someone with one of the newer Georgetowns would be able to tell you the type of LED ceiling lights they come with nowadays.
No I never found the drain point. I am calling the dealer this week. I also did not get the bulb style for the overhead lights to swap to LED. I will just go get one out of the MH. Just thought someone may know, save me a trip.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
Retired US Army CW4

Just picked up my 2014 329DS last weekend. The low point drain on mine is located under the passenger side just in front of the water heater.
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandKat View Post
Just picked up my 2014 329DS last weekend. The low point drain on mine is located under the passenger side just in front of the water heater.
I see you made it here.
Like I mentioned we are here to help you and other new Georgetown owners find the answers to all your questions.
Like I said youy may be the first with a 2014 model so maybe a few pictures would be great.

Your friend
Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #13
Retired US Army CW4

I'll climb under there when I get home and get some pics.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #14

I need to check again. Pics would be awesome. I was told the 13 and 14 are the exact same so that would be great.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
Retired US Army CW4

Here is the low point drain on the 2014. It's the blue hose on the passenger side forward of the water heater.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	26957  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #16
Retired US Army CW4

Second pic didn't load for some reason. The drain is under this location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	26974  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #17

That was it. Thanks. I actually have 2 of them. I think one is for the tank and the other is to empty the lines.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #18

Took the rig out for the maiden voyage. Quick weekend to shake it down. Other than the refer not working and living out of a cooler we couldn't be happier.

Coming from a toy hauler, wow, what a difference. Kids love riding in the back with all the space rather than all 4 plus 2 dogs in the F250.

Set up was awesome and so much quicker. Driving the RV was so much easier and better then towing.

All in all we just can't wait for the next trip. She is headed in this week to get the refer and a few odds and ends fixed.