Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 05:48 AM   #21

Thank you for the ice maker tip. I will look into this.
mgcmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:50 AM   #22

Thank you everyone.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and the excellent advise. I will post updates when we get her home.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Congrats on the new Georgetown.
Take lots of pictures of all the parts and systems. I took pictures of all the serial numbers of the appliances so I was able to put them on my computer and see the numbers for all the online and paper registrations.
Good luck and enjoy your first trip.
+1

I use and recommend Evernote specifically for this purpose. Then it is accessible from anywhere.
2015 Nights Camped - 12 (so far)
DFW Area
1903wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #24

Have fun, and don't think the good times will end when the kids leave for college. You'll just find other places to explore as a couple.

PaulK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #25

Quickie update more to come.
So we drove the 6 hours to get our new coach. DW and I left at 3:45 AM and by the time we got rid of the rental car it was now 10 AM. Started with the PDI, first look pretty happy, but horrible wash job. DW went inside to get started on the interior look over while I was looking at the exterior. Team work. First thing noticed was theat the keys did not work real well in the locks and when they did the compartments doors were out of adjustment big time. Not a big deal, but obviously not checked before hand. The person going over it with us knew less than we did about it. Had asked them not to put front plate on as they would most likely drill into coach unnecessarily , which they did, not only 2 holes but 4. Then onto the inside, where DW already had her own list. Draws not closing al the way, chips in the molding, freezer door handle loose, wrinkled wallpaper behind toilet in rear bath. I am getting a bit warm by this time, but we pressed on. I tried to open the fantastic fan vent in the kitchen, but it was stuck shut. This turned out to be the sealer that is all over the roof had glued the vent cover shut, what a mess. Then I tried to rotate the antenna, without any luck. This appears to have been installed incorrectly as it was maxed out and the tech took it all apart and reinstalled it to get it to work. I was caught between feeling really mad but knowing it really wasn't the dealers fault, and there is a limit to what they can fix. Knowing I have a 6 plus hour drive home is making things worse. DW is getting cranky by now. I am not thrown by many repairs, and knowing a descent amount about rv's I made notes on the paperwork and we were on our way home.
Well the Ford Triton 10 did not impress me much, but as I have said in my previous post that is the only choice. It is ok, but when you hit a hill it wants to kick down to second gear revving at 4700 rpm. So you have to kick it out of cruise and feather the throttle, as it doesn't need to go down less than third most of the time. It drove ok, had tires aired up to about 98 PSI then lowered the front down to 94 as I was totally unloaded. It seems to wander from side to side so I will be having the alignment checked. There is nothing ergonomic about the dash and the cam isn't easy to see. After 7 hours we mad it home safe and sound. Opened the coach door and the gas strut that keeps the door from hitting the awning is laying on the floor. Metal strut with plastic threads. Cheap. Not even going to attempt to have dealer look at that. I will make something better.
All in all it is not that I am completely disappointed, but more that I was right with my thoughts of FR. After having had an earlier FR product unfortunately I got what I expected from them. I was hoping that I was wrong. They have all the bells and whistles of the nice units, but are just thrown together. I have been in manufacturing for over 25 years and I am just appalled at there lack of QC. I will have my hands full with upgrading cheap hardware and little things. Like I said earlier, I figured it would be like this, but to get into something better is 30 to 40 k min. A little hear would have gone a long way to make customers happy.
Does anybody know what tvs are hooked up to the cable in a 364? I was told that the outside tv is only hooked up to the antenna. I am not sure what if anything the bunk sets are hooked up to yet. I have read some nightmarish posts in hear about propane leaks, clogged toilet valves and gen problems. When you are plugged into shore power do leave the coach connected? Do you always leave the inverter on or off?

Well thanks everyone for letting me vent a bit, and maybe a few will look into these things before purchasing as well. All replies are welcome and thanks for the compliments on how she looks.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #26

SternHappens,

Do you have the part number for the ice maker you spoke of?
Old 06-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #27

Thats the bad thing about buying from a dealer far away, I still would have walked away from that deal and started looking for something else, what a terrible disappointment and lack of professionalism by your dealer to let you drive all that way and still find that many defects.
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #28

364TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcmn View Post
Quickie update more to come.
So we drove the 6 hours to get our new coach. DW and I left at 3:45 AM and by the time we got rid of the rental car it was now 10 AM. Started with the PDI, first look pretty happy, but horrible wash job. DW went inside to get started on the interior look over while I was looking at the exterior. Team work. First thing noticed was theat the keys did not work real well in the locks and when they did the compartments doors were out of adjustment big time. Not a big deal, but obviously not checked before hand. The person going over it with us knew less than we did about it. Had asked them not to put front plate on as they would most likely drill into coach unnecessarily , which they did, not only 2 holes but 4. Then onto the inside, where DW already had her own list. Draws not closing al the way, chips in the molding, freezer door handle loose, wrinkled wallpaper behind toilet in rear bath. I am getting a bit warm by this time, but we pressed on. I tried to open the fantastic fan vent in the kitchen, but it was stuck shut. This turned out to be the sealer that is all over the roof had glued the vent cover shut, what a mess. Then I tried to rotate the antenna, without any luck. This appears to have been installed incorrectly as it was maxed out and the tech took it all apart and reinstalled it to get it to work. I was caught between feeling really mad but knowing it really wasn't the dealers fault, and there is a limit to what they can fix. Knowing I have a 6 plus hour drive home is making things worse. DW is getting cranky by now. I am not thrown by many repairs, and knowing a descent amount about rv's I made notes on the paperwork and we were on our way home.
Well the Ford Triton 10 did not impress me much, but as I have said in my previous post that is the only choice. It is ok, but when you hit a hill it wants to kick down to second gear revving at 4700 rpm. So you have to kick it out of cruise and feather the throttle, as it doesn't need to go down less than third most of the time. It drove ok, had tires aired up to about 98 PSI then lowered the front down to 94 as I was totally unloaded. It seems to wander from side to side so I will be having the alignment checked. There is nothing ergonomic about the dash and the cam isn't easy to see. After 7 hours we mad it home safe and sound. Opened the coach door and the gas strut that keeps the door from hitting the awning is laying on the floor. Metal strut with plastic threads. Cheap. Not even going to attempt to have dealer look at that. I will make something better.
All in all it is not that I am completely disappointed, but more that I was right with my thoughts of FR. After having had an earlier FR product unfortunately I got what I expected from them. I was hoping that I was wrong. They have all the bells and whistles of the nice units, but are just thrown together. I have been in manufacturing for over 25 years and I am just appalled at there lack of QC. I will have my hands full with upgrading cheap hardware and little things. Like I said earlier, I figured it would be like this, but to get into something better is 30 to 40 k min. A little hear would have gone a long way to make customers happy.
Does anybody know what tvs are hooked up to the cable in a 364? I was told that the outside tv is only hooked up to the antenna. I am not sure what if anything the bunk sets are hooked up to yet. I have read some nightmarish posts in hear about propane leaks, clogged toilet valves and gen problems. When you are plugged into shore power do leave the coach connected? Do you always leave the inverter on or off?

Well thanks everyone for letting me vent a bit, and maybe a few will look into these things before purchasing as well. All replies are welcome and thanks for the compliments on how she looks.
Hi mcgmc:
I am surprised by all the problems you are encountering with your 364. I would not have left the dealer without having them contact FR to have your problems covered at a location near your home.
I traveled 2 days to get to my dealer and we stayed there for 2 days to make sure everything was good before leaving them. I went to MHSRV in Alvarado, Tx. They went over our coach twice before we arrived to make sure everything was good. The only thing we had was a spot on the comforter on the king bed. They had it dry cleaned and sent to our home in Wisconsin. I have had it parked since we got home and I have tried everything and it seems to be no problems. (knock on wood) Our coach tracked great through a driving wind and rain storm between Kansas city and Albert Lea, Minn. with countless semi's passing and no problems. I was only worried about blowing over on to the road. I think our Ford Edge kept us tyed down... lol. I put a steering stabilizer on the tie rod just in case of a front tire blow out. We traveled 1200 miles after Texas and everything seemed pretty good. I installed a 50 amp hookup for shore power at my house and I really like it. I plug it in for a couple days then, unhook for about a 2 weeks, check everything on battery bank then hook up again. I also, have all my tires inflated to 90# and check those every once in awhile, but they seem to hold pressure pretty good. MHSRV had them inflated to 85# and I don't know "why" they had them at that pressure. They probably weighed the coach, but I have added a bit of weight. I have around 2700 miles on the coach right now, but I am finding that the down shifting gets a lot better as the engine and tranny get broke in. The engine seems to get stronger also.
I hope things get ironed out for you, and keep me posted on your progress. Have a nice day...Roger
Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #29

Roger 2650,

Thanks for your experience. Unfortunately, the cards were stacked against me at the time of delivery. We could not afford to stay to have it fixed. Dealership could have done a much better job, but FR definitely should start stepping up. I have gotten to play with it a bit and I am slowly learning how every thing works. I am hoping that it runs a bit better once she is broken in. Only has 900 miles right now. I will update again later. Thank you again.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #30

I never use the cruise control exactly because of the hard down shifting. I know driving my rig I'm not driving a sports car. I think for the size of the V10 it does a pretty damn good job of moving the RV along, even with my wife's RAV4 on our dolly behind us. The Ford does prefer moving along at highway speeds to start and stopping especially with any kind of inclines approaching out of a stop. Buffalo, NY to Atlanta through the Kentucky and Tennessee mountains had zero problem comfortably maintaing 70 mph. Good luck with the new rig and hopefully you'll really enjoy it after you get the knots worked out of it. Shame on the dealer delivering it to you that way!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:50 AM   #31

Congrats on the new MH and if you contact FR they can send you a PDF File that has all of your serial numbers that was installed. They sent me ours and its great to have. Get out and enjoy and if you should have any issues or questions their are a number of members that have great knowledge on this site.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #32
I Break Everything

Looks great. Don't worry about college. Our son is now a Junior in college and my daughter starts in the fall. We still take little trips around the holidays and longer over the summer. Congrats.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote