Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2019, 08:43 AM   #1

Out with old, in with the new (Oven replacement)

Hi,
For once I don't come to this forum asking questions. I just wanted to give a quick rundown of my latest repair.

A few weeks back, the Microwave/Convection oven died. Well, the convection part died. It was only half working for a few weeks, and it finally gave entirely.

So I contacted Apollo (now called Masterchef) and ordered a replacement unit. The unit is actually only the oven part, as the actual case housing the lights and fan, and of course the oven, was still good.

Masterchef shipped the unit directly to my location in LA, and I took upon the task of replacing it.
First and foremost, although the technician at Masterchef told me it was easy to do, the instructions were very confusing and not easy to follow, not drawing, only text.
In any case, after copious trials and error (and swearing), 5 hours later the new oven was in its spot and functional. Note that you cannot attempt this alone: it took me and my wife a lot of elbow grease to finish. The full unit with the external casing is close to 75-80 pounds.
A few pictures are attached to show the process and final result.

Maurice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7512.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	199180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7514.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	199181   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7520.jpg