Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #1

Outdoor Electrical Plug - 2008 Georgetown

I have a 2008 Georgetown 373DS. Was wondering if anyone has installed an outdoor receptacle/plug for running something electrical when you have the generator running? If you need electric outside the MH when boon docking and running the generator, you have to run an extension cord from the inside. Seems FR would have done this when built and put it on the passenger side and put in one of the cargo bays, thus out of the weather. My older Winne Adventurer had one on the passenger side so kind of miss not having it available for those occasions when needed.
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
WDK

I am not sure when they started but I do have a receptacle in one of my bays. A lot of people put a TV in there as it also has a cable hook up as well. It's more than possible to piggy back off of a receptacle or it might even be easier to run a dedicated line if you don't have one in your bays.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
I am not sure when they started but I do have a receptacle in one of my bays. A lot of people put a TV in there as it also has a cable hook up as well. It's more than possible to piggy back off of a receptacle or it might even be easier to run a dedicated line if you don't have one in your bays.

WDK
My 2004 has the outside outlet in the bay behind the side door. It has a hatch hole on the bottom so you don't need to leave the door open for the cord. Very handy.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Hopefully someone with a 2008 Georgetown 373DS can chime in to verify if their rig has an electrical outlet like this owner is looking for. This is not rocket science to expect a need for an electrical outlet outdoors, and especially on the patio side.

That being said, because the outlet would be used outdoors and could involve a wet environment, the outlet should be wired "downstream" of a GFI outlet, or be GFI itself for protection. If not shocking!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #5

I must be out of luck on my rig. I've checked inside all the doors on the patio side and didn't see anything. I agree, if I put one in it should be on the downstream of a GFI outlet. Guess will put that on my list of things to do this summer. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
Retired Ford Tech

outside outlet

Look through the compartments again, look for a compartment with a white large screw in plug in the floor, then look up in each compartment, they like to put them up high.
good luck
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #7

Outside electrical plugs

My 2006 Georgetown has plugs on both sides in bays, check refrigerator electrical connection, maybe you do something?
Ange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #8

Thanks. I'll check again to make sure I didn't miss anything up high in one of the bays. Several of the bags have the large screw plugs in the bottom. It is Dark now and don't get to our destination until tomorrow evening, so will check on Friday in the daylight.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:55 PM   #9

Ok, I’m embarrassed! Found the electrical plug and the tv cable plug in the bay underneath the slide on the patio slide. It was the smaller bay just in front of the rear tire. Wasn’t real obvious, but it was there. Thanks all for your help and pointing out that I need to get my glasses adjusted!!

Old 03-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #10
WDK

.....that's what this forum is for.....smooth travels.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #11

I have a 2008 370 and I have a plug in cabinet next to propane tank.
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, electric, electrical, georgetown