Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
outside slide floor

I searched this forum for an answer to this but couldn't find one. Has anyone had the floor on the bottom of the slide delaminate or shread, and if so, what was the remedy? It is happening to both of my large slides on my 2011 378TS.

Don & Carol Niemeyer and Sandy
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master Diesel Pusher
2011 Chevy Equinox Toad
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Saw a similar post to this a few weeks ago, have copied my response to that thread as we had the same problem. Hope it helps:
" I have a 2011 378 and my main slide had the same problem, wood chipped under the edge, also the entertainment slide was out of adjustment. The slide adjustment is a pretty quick fix as this is a dual ram system rather than a one ram and a cog gear system as some units use.

I found that the rub on the edge of the main slide was not caused by the slide itself, it occurred because the unit was not level using the auto-level system. The slide is a big box sitting in a big hole, both need to be square. When out of level the chassis twiks the slide hole and it creates a jam that the hydraulics over power causing the rub. I did a recalibration of the auto level, then repaired the exposed wood with JB weld. No further problems.

Marclaw15 asked if the underside of the slides looked the same, no, the bedroom slide has a fiberglass underside, the other slides are OSB covered in a dark colored protective coating. The slide ends are screwed through this coating leaving the "holes". This also leaves the raw wood in the screw holes exposed to the elements. I have filled all of those on my unit. Filled with JB Weld, then put packing tape over the filled area until it cures, leaves a nice slick repair when the tape is removed.

JimF, CWO, US Army Ret, 100% DAV
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2008 Dodge Caliber Toad
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
I had the same issue and if you don't repair it quickly it will destroy the vinyl flooring.

I actually cut the flooring with a razor knife to make a clean cut. I then used general flooring adhesive to glue the floor down in that area by smearing it under the cut. I wiped the glue away and let dry. I then used color caulking to smear into the seam and let dry for 24 hours. I then sealed the seam with vinyl flooring seam sealer from Lowe's Home improvement. Seemed to fix my issue.

You also need to determine the cause of the issue. For me, it was an ink pen that fell under the slide and then damaged the floor when we closed the slide.

Hope this helps.
Burr Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote