Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #1

outside tv hookup on 378 help"

took a tv with us this weekend to watch tv outside,,ok the storage bay by the door has a 110 plug and a cable outlet that says park cable ,there is also a park cable hookup in the bay with the electrical cord, I am thinking that the one by the door is for an outside tv,but can't get anything on it,all cables are hooked up over the pass. seat at the switch,, what am I doing wrong?
rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #2

Are the inside tv's working?
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #3

yes all inside tv are perfect
Old 03-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #4

If you are a handy type guy, unscrew the cover plate on the cable connection and make sure it has a wire connected to it.

My outside TV was not hooked up to the rest of my coach's cable system. I had to get the dealer to run a cable for me. My outside TV had it's own antenna, which didn't work very well.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #5

i'll check it as soon as it warms up here in west texas, yesterday beautiful today wind and cold
Old 03-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #6

I had to redo some of our coax cables. FR had them installed wrong. I even had to redo a couple of terminals as they had bad crimps. Now the switch works as it should.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #7

after getting all the caulk off the cable connection under the wheelwell and pulling the connection all is ok ,also all looks ok and tight behind the switch box. any other ideas?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #8

If possible, can you trace the cable back to where it comes from? Just to make sure the other end is hooked to something. I am not familiar with that model RV you have, but if it has a mid television I would suspect all cables route to there. Does it have some sort of switch box that controls if you are watching cable, antenna or a DVD?
Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #9

I have a tv over the fireplace and one in the bedroom the connection in the bay is the one to the left of the door with a 110 volt plug everything else works as I can tell
Old 03-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #10

I have the same issue with my 378. I can't find where that cable connection to the left of the door goes to. When I get my coach back later this weekend I will do a signal search and find out where it goes and post it. I just hook up cable to the back connection in the compartment top where the converter is located.
I am thinking it is for an outside TV hookup since there is a 110 v outlet
The switch in the upper cabinet has a position for cable, satellite and outside antenna.
I have read that there is a connection on the roof for a satellite antenna but haven't noticed one up there.
Too bad Forrest River doesn't do a better job at documentation of components and accessories.

I did add a satellite antenna and a HD wireless transmitter to both TVs so I rarely use the R56 wires that are installed in the motorhome.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I have read that there is a connection on the roof for a satellite antenna but haven't noticed one up there.
The SAT cable is locate don the roof with also 12 volt hookup for SAR motor.
It is located ober tha passengers seat and looks like a vent on the roof.
If you were to install a permanent SAT dish on the roof you must remove that vent and you will find the coax and power wire.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
The SAT cable is locate don the roof with also 12 volt hookup for SAR motor.
It is located ober tha passengers seat and looks like a vent on the roof.
If you were to install a permanent SAT dish on the roof you must remove that vent and you will find the coax and power wire.
Yup, I couldn't figure out what that vent was so I removed the cap and there is a coax and 12vdc. I have one over the driver's seat and IIRC there is another one around the middle of the coach.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman
I have the same issue with my 378. I can't find where that cable connection to the left of the door goes to. When I get my coach back later this weekend I will do a signal search and find out where it goes and post it. I just hook up cable to the back connection in the compartment top where the converter is located.
I am thinking it is for an outside TV hookup since there is a 110 v outlet
The switch in the upper cabinet has a position for cable, satellite and outside antenna.
Too bad Forrest River doesn't do a better job at documentation of components and accessories.

I did add a satellite antenna and a HD wireless transmitter to both TVs so I rarely use the R56 wires that are installed in the motorhome.
I saw a sketch furnished by FR awhile back showing all the coax runs for the 378. I had trouble with the outside hookup and traced all the wires to cure it. It turned out to be a bad TV. Meanwhile the cable conn in the basment is feed to an outside TV, it originates at a splitter for the front TV to rear TV then split again fo the outside outlet. I'm certain the first split is in the void behind the DVD cab. Remove the coax amp and AC outlet and pull up the multi cables, splitter is attached. Cannot recall where the bedroom/outside splitter is, but now you know it exists. With healthy TV set, it worked fine.

Check with Iggy, i believe he posted the sketch, a couple years ago. I received it with the new unit books but since have lost it. I remember, the provided splitters are not suitable for satellite signals.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote