Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Oven starting procedures

Being that RV documentation is weak at best in a lot of cases, is there anyone that has a step-by-step procedure for starting up and using an Amana oven in their rig. We have never had any paperwork for ours. Are there any other tricks or tips that would be of use? My wife has never used it so far (it's been our electronic cupboard) but she's thinking she might want to start.

Thanks.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry
Being that RV documentation is weak at best in a lot of cases, is there anyone that has a step-by-step procedure for starting up and using an Amana oven in their rig. We have never had any paperwork for ours. Are there any other tricks or tips that would be of use? My wife has never used it so far (it's been our electronic cupboard) but she's thinking she might want to start.

Thanks.
Not sure on an amana range but with model number you should be able to go on amanas website for manual.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #3

they aren't fun to light unless yours is electronic
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #4

amana oven

I have an amana oven in mine, you go out and hire 2 more people for it takes four to light it, just kidding. It only takes 2 or 1 person with real long arms. If yours is electric spark ignition like mine, you push in on temp knob to pilot, and have to hold the knob in. Here is where the long arms or helper comes in, if the electric spark does not light the burner bar, then you will have to do it the old fashion way with a butane match. the lighting point is all the way to the back of the burner. I would first light a front burner and confirm gas is flowing, then use either of the two methods. My unit is a 2011 and oven works well, just the electronic spark will not fire it, DW uses a butane match while I hold the knob in (bad knees you know). Good luck.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
is there anyone that has a step-by-step procedure for starting up and using an Amana oven in their rig.
On mine the instructions to light the oven are printed on a sticker under the burner cover. Not the burner cover that you close to make the stove look pretty, but the one that you remove to clean it. The sticker is under that cover where all the guts of the stove top are.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutherl View Post
On mine the instructions to light the oven are printed on a sticker under the burner cover. Not the burner cover that you close to make the stove look pretty, but the one that you remove to clean it. The sticker is under that cover where all the guts of the stove top are.
Sounds to me like he's talking about the Amana microwave/convection oven. What else would be an electronic storage cabinette.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #7

have to light in with a match or lighter
SALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #8

Make sure stovetop burner lights as previuosly stated.
Turn oven control to pilot.
Open oven door.
Push in on oven control to start gas flowing to pilot.
Place butane match toward rear of burner assembly/oven.
When pilot lights, hold in oven control knob and turn controls to turn on main burner.
As soon as burner lights, Release oven control knob
pilot will stay lit.
Adjust oven control to desired temp and bake.