Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #1

Paint Codes

I have a 2008 Georgetown SE 315 that I need to do a little repair on the rear corners. Does anyone know where I can find the paint codes? Also, I think the paint is a single stage urethane as it does not appear to have any clearcoat. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks
Chasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #2

my profesonal opinion says that it is not a clear coat base coat and you should get a good match with acrylic emanal with or without cat stop by your local parts house that deals in dupont paint see if they have the capability to do a prfit on your camper and then put it into an arosol we do this all the time at the parts store that i work at buy the way i am the paint specalist there after having painted for 26 years
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #3

Look in the door frame of the entry door to the coach. Sometimes they put label there with the paint codes. If not, call or email the parts department with your coaches info and they should be able to provide the information you need.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #4

My paint codes are on a paper tag pasted on the inside of a cabinet near the door.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #5

What a timely thread - I am in need of a minor repair and will look for the paint codes on my rig too.

We took our 2008 315 DS out for a long Memorial Day weekend and while I was filling up with gas on Friday a lady backed her SUV into the corner of my rig. I was hollering and screaming for her to stop and was running over to try to get her attention but she was too fast for me and all I could do was watch as her vehicle started crumpling into the corner of mine. I was so bummed.

I was surprised at how well the Georgetown held up. The way she hit it I was sure there would be more damage but it appeared that there was no body damage just some deep scratches on the corner of the "bumper" and she broke the red marker light lens on the side. She did a lot more damage to her SUV.

She was not very apologetic either - just said she didn't see me parked there and couldn't believe that I was upset about the damage to my RV. Guess she just doesn't understand...
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #6

Vision Tests

Having ridden a motorcycle for years and driven a 40' MH for many months now I'm never amazed at the blindness of our motoring public. "See the USA in your Chevrolet" always struck me as an oxymoron. I pulled into the grocery store parking lot this afternoon. Its a U shaped strip mall with the grocery in the middle. The poor restaurant near the grocery has been hit four times in the last two months with folks jumping the curb and taking out the brick wall. Yes, that wide pedal to the left of the accelerator stops the car. Bozo.

Lately I'm only amazed at how well we survive all the mayhem around us. I don't have 100 decibel air horns but I'm thinking.....

Okay, I feel better now with that rant out of me.

Sun's shinin, dogs are grinnin, wife ain't complainin, can't wait to wake up to another day.
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #7

Thanks everyone, I will take a look in the cabinets, etc and see what I can find. My son's race trailer causes my problem, the trailer tongue is too short and on really tight turns the front corners of the trailer can touch the corners of the rear bumper. I don't like the idea of adding any length as it weakens the tow setup, but I would not be hesitant to put some kind of rubber corner bumpers on the coach if I could find them.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #8

Well, no luck on that deal - not much information other than weight sticker and cleaning cabinet information.

I have attached a pic of the rear of my unit, if anyone has one like it and knows the paint codes I would really appreciate the information. Other than that, looks like I can maybe take off one of the storage doors and see if they can match it at the paint store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	432879_3.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	2580  
Old 06-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #9

Hi Chasracer,
Mine rig is identical to yours with the same color scheme - I park it at a storage facility so I will have to get over there on Saturday to see what I can find.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #10

Please don't make an extra trip on my account but thank you for any information that you can find, I really appreciate it.

Is your interior the standard light colored oak? If so, I have a little tip that you might want to add to yours. The edges of the lower kitchen cabinets in mine were taking a beating with people going in and out of the coach, especially when the main room slide was in, it's a bit tight getting past the fridge and cabinet. At Lowes I found some oak corner trim that was already routed really nice and all I had to do was cut it to length, then stained it with a miniwax light oak and installed it on those two corners. Looks like a factory job when you finish, the color matches the cabinets perfectly and no more edges getting chipped. When I get the chance I will take a picture and post it here.

Thanks again.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #11

Hi Chasracer,
No luck on the paint codes - finally made it to the RV this weekend and could not find them anywhere.
I took the rig in this morning for some warranty work and to have the rear corner repaired - shop said they would get me the paint codes.
Thanks for the tip on the trim - I have cherry wood - but the same would apply.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #12

Thanks for taking a look, if they provide you the paint codes please post them. I am sure I am not the only one that could use them.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #13

Just checking back to see if you got your RV back yet and maybe that paint code?

I just replaced the rear vent on mine with a second A/C unit and was nicely surprised at how well it worked this past week. We had the unit down at beach for a week and everything stayed nice and cool (compared to last year). Also did a couple of minor projects too. Since the rear tv in mine is not digital, it is now nothing more than a dvd display so I picked up a small dvd unit at Best Buy and mounted it under the rear tv cabinet. Had to pull the tv and drill a hole for the cables to pass through, but it ended up as a decent installation. Out of the way now, doesn't occupy any table space and I don't have to worry about either hooking it up or it sliding off the table back there. Plus the tv is useful again. Second thing I did was to get a roll of window tint from Lowes. I bought a bronze color to compliment the interior decor and covered the rear window and the window behind the headboard. Whenever we are parked somewhere that has a light source, the blind that comes with the unit doesn't do much of a job blocking out the light. The window tint really helps. My only problem with it was cutting it as this type of tint is really heavy. I used an x-acto knife but went through a bunch of blades getting both windows completed. One last thing I found out is that some of my throw pillows are the perfect size for stuffing the vent area - really cuts down of some of the heat infiltration.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #14

Giving this another bump, like to get the paint codes if anyone has them. I looked over my coach and there is nothing with that paint on it that I can remove easily and take to a paint shop to get it matched so it looks like the codes are my only way out.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasracer View Post
Giving this another bump, like to get the paint codes if anyone has them. I looked over my coach and there is nothing with that paint on it that I can remove easily and take to a paint shop to get it matched so it looks like the codes are my only way out.

Thanks!
FR doesn't paint them but here's the company they send them out to.

Performance Painting Systems, LLC

They do all the full body painting. I would assume they do any painting FR requires. They should have the info.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #16

I just called and got 3 sets of codes from fr. They said they used 3 painters last year but didn't know who painted mine
mr.ken is offline   Reply With Quote