Old 04-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
Parts Question

I have a 2014 351ds and I need to replace 2 parts.

1-The Anode Rod-When I took it out of the water heater it was almost disintegrated. Is there a specific size or model number or can I just use the standard one from my local camping supply store.

2-Drivers side curtain. The clip that holds the actual curtain broke..outside of attempting to crazy glue it together. Does anyone know where I can purchase new ones or the name of the manufacturer?

ETCTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:31 AM   #2
I'm sure someone here has the part # for the anode rod, hope so as I need to change mine also.
As far as the curtain you might try calling FR parts department. They won't sell you the part but I have had them give me a part number, or in the case of my windshield curtain, tell me who it was made by and I was able to contact them and get a new motor when I needed one

2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:39 AM   #3
not being sure what you need, here is where I found what I needed,
Curtain Tracks / 52124 Standard Hand Draw - RECMAR Products
Mark & Annie
Modesto, Central California
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
If you can get at the part that is broken gorilla has a super glue that is better than anything I have ever used before. Try it you'll like it.
George & Jerri
06 GT 340 TSSE
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
The anode rods are standard for suburban water heaters, this is the one I have used the past 2 years as we replaced them in the spring.
Also, make sure you have Teflon tape, a wire brush (toothbrush size) and a 1 1/16 socket wrench to get it out and tighten the new one!

Ps- the anode will probably only go halfway in. As long as it's not leaking you are good!
2015 Georgetown 351DS
Chris, Garren (humans)
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:55 PM   #6
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
If you can get at the part that is broken gorilla has a super glue that is better than anything I have ever used before. Try it you'll like it.
X2 on the Gorilla Glue. That stuff is awesome. I tried several different brands to glue broken/missing outdoor furniture leg pads used on our outdoor patio. Nothing worked until I used GG.

B47 is offline   Reply With Quote