Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2016, 02:13 AM   #1

Passenger side camera and turn signal stopped

Hi,

On a 5 day trip today our passenger side camera and turn signal suddenly stopped working. The blinkers relay sounds fine and the back turn signal is the only one working.

Any ideas? I looked into be fuse box under the drivers side and couldn't find any issues. I also checked behind the monitor and tested the camera which is working. I tested the camera by switching the drivers and worked fine.

By the way we have a 2016 GT 350ts

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
sirozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:44 AM   #2

I just had to fix a similar issue. My camera defaulted to right side whenever I turned on the parking/head lights. I had a corroded socket on one of the right side marker lights. Cleaned it up and now everything works fine. Check all of your lights (markers, turn signals) and if you've got one out, there's your culprit.
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #3

X2 as DarrenK said.
You have a burnt marker light or turn signal light out or like Darren K said maybe a corroded socket. Check all your bulbs.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #4

Thanks for the quick replies. I checked the front signs bulb and it was okay, but I didn't check the two side market lights. Currently the rear signal lights and the two smaller market lights and front signal lights are out. I will check the two markers today before leaving since it's a safety issue.

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 01-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #5

Okay I checked the front turn signs and side market (front over tire) which are the only two which are supposed to work when signal is on. Both bulbs are okay and they have power. I think the issue is with a relay or maybe caused by the camera wiring/controller. Any other ideas? I'm puzzled.

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 01-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Have you tried switching to the right camera using the menu on the monitor? This would confirm if it's the lights or the camera system.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
Have you tried switching to the right camera using the menu on the monitor? This would confirm if it's the lights or the camera system.
X2 Good call Trempert.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:49 PM   #8

we got home safely without the camera or front and side marker. I had check the camera at the Rv park by switching and confirmed it was not the camera.

I guess it will go to the dealer since it's still under warranty. Thanks for trying to help us out. I really appreciate everyone's time and suggestions

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 01-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #9

My camera on the driver's side stopped working. I checked the wiring on the back of the monitor and found a wire was loose. I pushed it in and everything worked okay. It was easy to fix and only took a couple of minutes.
Bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #10

loose connection under dash plug back together and tape or hard wire had to explain that to rv world of lakeland fl 4 X before they did it. we had our sunseeker there 4X but it was under warranty and theykept charging forest river. Lee
leew1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #11

Interesting they are still putting these junk cameras on...mine still fog when they do work. Only the rear camera is useful anyway due to the angle of the monitor.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote