Old 08-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
Performing a walk thru

We are purchasing a new 364ts and will need to do a walk thru.. This will be our first motorhome walk thru so what are the most common items you find when doing this.. Are they big or just cosmetic?? Do they usually fix them right away or do you make an appointment and have to come back?

RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
We just did the walk thru / PDI on our first motorhome. We found some interior cosmetic issues, repaired that afternoon by a local vendor, and a couple missing / broken items that were in most cases replaced on the spot when possible. For the exterior paint issues our dealer made us an appointment to have the unit touched up by a local body shop.

You need a good checklist to manage your PDI. I have attached the one we used during our PDI. It is a composite of several I found on the web that were "almost" complete. I tried to cover as much as I could by adding sections and moving around sections to cover "every thing". I doubt I succeeded in that but it is fairly thorough. In your case you would need to tweek the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter section for your brand of chassis and accessories like leveling jacks.

Take your time and make sure you understand everything before you drive off! I hope this helps...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sunseeker 2400W MBS PDI Checklist.pdf (124.8 KB, 90 views)

2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
I agree, have a written check-list ( you can find several on-line) and DO NOT sign the final papers or give them the check until EVERYTHING you want corrected is fixed to your satisfaction. I would also negotiate ( before you sign papers or write check), and get it written on the sales order, that you'll be camping close to the Dealershio for XX days and will return to have any additional defective items corrected while you wait for it. Agree to give them a day's notice prior to returning for this activity!
Days camping (2015)----88 days
Days camping (2016) ---110 days
2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX (33' TT), 2007 13' Scamp
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
Send a message via AIM to dutch

I think that if you look in the old Forum that some one has a PDI form for MH that the posted. hope that helps.
2013 Georgetown XL 378
Toad 2012 Honda Civic
Dutch & Kathie & shitzue Buddy
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
Along with all the great walk thru tips I still missed a filthy roof and a cracked floor tile on a new coach. You might consider using your phone to video tape some of the procedures like dealing with jacks and setting up and shutting down electricity. Have fun!!

2014 GT 378 XL
jeffv003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
Before your pick up appointment go into the dealers and get them to give you the keys and go through the unit and put together a punch list of things that need looking after. Then when pick up day comes they should have those issues fixed. Some of the things they will need to be told, where do you want the toilet paper roll holder put, towel bars etc. Spend time reading some of the Georgetown posts on here for clues on things to look for that other people have had issues with. Get the dealer to do a wheel alignment check before you drive off with it.
Good luck with everything and i know that you will enjoy your new rig! Be sure to post pictures!
2014 Georgetown 335DS
Lincoln MKX toad
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
I Break Everything
Look at everything. Ours didn't really have much wrong at the walk thru. However the blinds, dual morning and evening blinds were pulled down, we raised the dark blinds only to find an enormous stain. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Open everything, windows, doors, cabinets, fridge, water heater, etc. Lots of the cosmetic things can be fixed right away...then when all is said and done, take it in for a front end alignment. Trust me on that one.

Ask about towing, ask questions about it, if you haven't already signed paperwork try to get some of your towing equipment thrown in and installed. Check what kind of vehicle you will be planning on're looking at some major cash with base plates, tow bars, braking systems and wiring. If you can get some of that thrown in or done there great.
good luck.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS MH
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #8

Thanks for putting that walk through PDFs on the forum we haven't got our mh yet and I have been trying to. Think of all the questions to ask. I think this will be a huge help. On order 24s full body paint.
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #9
I am a picture kind of guy so pictures will be a must.. I will say that the dealership is two far away to make multiple trips in November plus we have a handicapped son who only travels in our motorhome so it will be one full day and we will have them stand by to fix stuff.. If it is minor cosmetic stuff I would rather fix it myself.. If you have a stake in the equipment then you do a better job.. We had stuff fixed on our last MH and it all fell back apart after the first trip so I took care of it

RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote