Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #1

Picked up 378

We got home last night with our new Georgetown 378 and are very excited. We live in Georgia and drove to Lazy Days in Tampa Fri they had it set up in their delivery campground and did a great walk thru with us, we spent the weekend as they installed the tow bar on Saturday. They also provide free breakfast and lunch each day to their campers. This is a great place to purchase an RV. We did not notice but the walk thru person noticed the ceiling bubbled in a couple spots they contacted FR and we will go back at a later date to have ceiling panels replaced, I ask if it was necessary as it is hardly noticeable but they recommend it as it is under warranty, so we make a trip back this spring.
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #2

Keep us posted as to how you like it and all, Good luck
whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #3

congrats on the new rig

got pics

sounds like they took care of you at the CG. free food is always good
Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecamping View Post
We got home last night with our new Georgetown 378 and are very excited. We live in Georgia and drove to Lazy Days in Tampa Fri they had it set up in their delivery campground and did a great walk thru with us, we spent the weekend as they installed the tow bar on Saturday. They also provide free breakfast and lunch each day to their campers. This is a great place to purchase an RV. We did not notice but the walk thru person noticed the ceiling bubbled in a couple spots they contacted FR and we will go back at a later date to have ceiling panels replaced, I ask if it was necessary as it is hardly noticeable but they recommend it as it is under warranty, so we make a trip back this spring.
Congrats on the new rig. I'll be picking my "Chuckwagon" ( Rockwood 8265WS)up on Friday, 1pm, really looking forward to it.

Cheers,
My RV Cookbook now on Amazon! USA or Canada
Travel Blog
Cooking Blog
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on the new Georgetown. Let the fun begin!!!!! Enjoy it and be safe, Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #6

we are enjoying our new unit wishing you the same
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #7

Congratulations!
You'll have to add a picture!
Sounds like the dealer has treated you well so far. That's always a plus. Weekend of get familiar camping is a neat idea and who can argue with meals.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
we are enjoying our new unit wishing you the same
brianj
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new 378. We are enjoying ours too. We arrived at the dealer on Monay the 13th and, since we are full-timers spent the next 3 days transfering everything from our fifth wheel to the new motorhome. We finally left Friday afternoon with our new 2011 378TS. We had the dealer put a switch inside the rig for the elec. side of the water heater, thought it was strange there wasn't one. And, another 110 outlet in the bedroom. Also, there were only 4 baskets in the pantry so we had them add 4 more. We'll probably add some more 110 outlets in the lving room area too. We also had a Winegard SK1000 automatic dish installed. Very glad we did that too, in less tha five minutes after pressing the button you are watching TV. We too, made a deal with Lazy Days but ended up getting the Georgetown in Eldridge, IA at Terry Frazer's RV, only 160 miles from us rather than the 1500 Lazy Days is. Both dealers were very good to work with and Lazy Days gave me my $500 deposit back, no questions asked. We're going to be headed south on Oct. 11th for the Rio Grande Valley. Can't wait!
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #9

Congratualtions: We have the 2008 Georgetown 378 and love it. I think it has 20,000 on it now and going strong. We took a trip out west last year and it handled great thru the mts towing a Saturn. You will like the large livingroom and fireplace. Our fireplace shuts down the heater each year when we winter in Florida. And Remember to keep the batteries charged when opening and shutting the slides and using the jacks. There is a lot discussed on this web about the subject. Make sure lazy Days checks your front end alignment as some 378s have had problems with allignment and wore out their front tires early. Ours was off and caught at our dealer when he was installing a Safe-T Stablizer onour stearing linkage. FR took care of it. They had to sed it out to a Ford Truck dealer. You can normally tell if it pulles to the left or right while driving it. We stop in Brunswick Ga every January and late March while traveling to and from Florida from Virginia. Enjoy your new Georgetown.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Why wait till spring ??????

Why wait until spring? Do what the snow birds do, come to Florida while it is cold in Georgia. Do a January or February for your warranty work. That way you get to meet great people from the north that are down in the "SUNSHINE STATE" getting their winter tan!

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ADVENTURE
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #11

Looking over 378 owners, we got ours from lazydays in april a 2012, while everything i read about the 378 is helpful, i don't see where anyone has talked about the furniture, so i'm curious .. we thought we check everything before buying, but i guess we looked at but did not sit on sofa, lol i mean its so short you really can not sit on it comfortably, short as in back to front, very uncomfortable an feels like your sliding off, we were very disappointed in that, an our dining table fell apart, like to hear what other owners think or have done ....
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #12

We've had no problems with furniture and couch is very comfy. I do have a question though how do we lock the table top from moving during travel? I have turned that lock all kinds of ways and it still shifts.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #13

table top, um sounds like we have different dinning tables, our top slides to center it, but its wood on wood slide under top itself an it takes some effort to slide, our table has two big screws on floor to screw it down for travel ,wish i could explain better,our top has broken from pedestal ... our table has two leafs that lift an lock ..
Old 07-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Our table is like yours. While it's not the sturdiest we've had no problems with it. You need to take yours to your dealer and get it fixed. We're going to see if they can strengthen ours while we have other stuff done.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #15

ok, thanks .. yeah when i tip it upside down to look i can see all the screws have pulled out from top, some were never centered, an some split the rail, i can not ever see where this would be sturdy as you say, we're headed for Fl. later this year so we'll stop at dealer an see what can be done,its going to have to be replaced . thanks ....
Old 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #16

I am talking about table top sliding back and forth on pedestal. It has two leafs that lock up or down but this is table sliding into window and then will slide into walking area, there is a piece underneath next to window that looks like a cross bar for locking table top but doesn't.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #17

ok sounds like same table, slides to center it, on bottom of ours its tongue an grooved, so its that soft pine sliding into soft pine, ours doesn't move easily, i have to play with it an wiggle it to get it to slide, interesting, don't think i've ever noticed the locking mechanism your talking about ... wood on wood funny to me how yours slides so easily, maybe someone out there can add more .....
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
Site Team

Sometimes seeing a picture can provide more information. I will use my mobile phone to take pictures or even a video. By doing so the service department guy was able to troubleshoot a problem with my microwave (turned out to be user error). Maybe one or both of you guys can post a picture of your table so that the other person can see if there are any differences.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Table came apart

I too had a problem with my table. I have a fifth wheel from Forest River known as a 8285WS. The table and chairs were assembled with the screws too short. I removed the table from the floor (removed screws) turned it upside down on the sofa (on top of old towel) removed the screws that holds the top to the pedestal. Used "GORRILA" glue between the top and the pedestal frame. I left two screws in one end to hold the top in alignment with the base frame. Be careful using too much of the
glue for it will foam, turn a light color (if using too much) ooze out from between the top and frame. You can also "deepen" the holes slightly where the screw heads fit down the frame. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU DEEPEN THE HOLES, DO NOT GO TOO FAR for this will allow the screws to penetrate the top of the table top.

If the glue does ooze out, don't worry, only YOU will know that this happens. When you remount the table back to the floor, you can not see the glue. When you remove the screws from the pedestal feet, carefully slide the feet over a few inches, reinsert the screws into the same holes
temporarily (about 1/2") to mark the same holes in the carpet for reinstalling of the feet.

TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #20

Put up your rear leaf and table will move no more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	6910  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote