Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Picked up my new toy but it has to go back.

Well after a long inspection, testing, replacing etc I drove my new Georgetown home. Everything I have checked again would flawlessly but that didn't last.

The large drivers side slide on the 378TS is not coming in evenly and has a gap of 1 1/2" on the rear of the slide sticking out at the bottom. The top is in and flush. . I have a call in to my dealer to schedule a fix-it time.

I know the hydralic pump has adjustments but I'm still too green to mess with the hydralics just yet.

Has anyone else with a 378TS have similiar issues or know what is the procedure to correct?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Pics 005.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	12776  
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wherever we are parked!
Posts: 423
Yes, it's a pretty simple alignment fix. But let the dealer do it. Take it in when you have a few more gripes (and you will) to work off and let the warranty cover all.
__________________

__________________
Lostdog
2011 Georgetown 378TS in FireMist
2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,135
Do a little driveway camping and give everything a workout. ACs , generator, water heater under propane & electric, water pump, furnace, levelers, slides, refrigerator, microwave and just look around everything now that you have it home.
__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
abjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Do a little driveway camping and give everything a workout. ACs , generator, water heater under propane & electric, water pump, furnace, levelers, slides, refrigerator, microwave and just look around everything now that you have it home.
We did that, spent 3 nights on the dealer lot, 4 nights in a very local camp ground.

Our first real trip, 6 weeks in CO.
3 weeks at the dealer.

2nd trip 3, weeks in FL.
Only 3 days at the dealer. BUT HAY HAY they washed it .

Seems to be getting better.

Thanks for listening, I feel better
ab
__________________
2012 Georgetown 360
SHE wanted "a new motorhome"
abjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
SEAYALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LaGrange,Ga
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Well after a long inspection, testing, replacing etc I drove my new Georgetown home. Everything I have checked again would flawlessly but that didn't last.

The large drivers side slide on the 378TS is not coming in evenly and has a gap of 1 1/2" on the rear of the slide sticking out at the bottom. The top is in and flush. . I have a call in to my dealer to schedule a fix-it time.

I know the hydralic pump has adjustments but I'm still too green to mess with the hydralics just yet.

Has anyone else with a 378TS have similiar issues or know what is the procedure to correct?

Thanks
Hey iggy

they all have a gap at bottom edge, top an sides should be flush, but you will have a gap on bottom edge, i looked at 1/2 dozen of these there all the same ... be interesting what you find out, if your dealer has more than one unit, run your hand under it....
__________________
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
I just had mine fixed. The bottom edge (not the sides) had come de-laminated from the backing board. This not only caused it to "stick out" but it was also wavy all along the bottom length of the slide. They had to take off the bottom trim piece (the piece was destroyed when they removed it) and put little nuts and bolts every few inches through the side of the slide and the backing board. This pulled into back flush to the backing board. It then went to the paint shop to paint the new trim pieces. Because of the paint job, it took about a week and a half to get it all done.
__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
ronhanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydriven View Post
Hey iggy

they all have a gap at bottom edge, top an sides should be flush, but you will have a gap on bottom edge, i looked at 1/2 dozen of these there all the same ... be interesting what you find out, if your dealer has more than one unit, run your hand under it....
I agree. This is pretty common and has been discussed before. As long as the gap isnt too large it's not much of an issue but might as well get it resolved to your satisfaction since you just spent so much on a new rig.
__________________
Ron Hanson
2009 Georgetown 350TS (bunks)
400W solar, 440AH 6V GC2
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjb View Post
We did that, spent 3 nights on the dealer lot, 4 nights in a very local camp ground.

Our first real trip, 6 weeks in CO.
3 weeks at the dealer.

2nd trip 3, weeks in FL.
Only 3 days at the dealer. BUT HAY HAY they washed it .

Seems to be getting better.

Thanks for listening, I feel better
ab
My C+ is still in for repairs, had it 9 months, we have taken it camping 9 weeks, dealer has had it most of the time between trips and FR took it back to the factory for about 3 weeks back in oct. 2011. hope you have better luck with your georgetown.
__________________
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
SEAYALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LaGrange,Ga
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
I just had mine fixed. The bottom edge (not the sides) had come de-laminated from the backing board. This not only caused it to "stick out" but it was also wavy all along the bottom length of the slide. They had to take off the bottom trim piece (the piece was destroyed when they removed it) and put little nuts and bolts every few inches through the side of the slide and the backing board. This pulled into back flush to the backing board. It then went to the paint shop to paint the new trim pieces. Because of the paint job, it took about a week and a half to get it all done.
so your saying the bottom edge of slide is tight to body of motor home , no gap when you run your figures along bottom edge ?
__________________
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
There is a gap along the bottom, but now it is even all along the bottom and not near as big as it used to be.
__________________

__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.