Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #1

Picked up my new toy but it has to go back.

Well after a long inspection, testing, replacing etc I drove my new Georgetown home. Everything I have checked again would flawlessly but that didn't last.

The large drivers side slide on the 378TS is not coming in evenly and has a gap of 1 1/2" on the rear of the slide sticking out at the bottom. The top is in and flush. . I have a call in to my dealer to schedule a fix-it time.

I know the hydralic pump has adjustments but I'm still too green to mess with the hydralics just yet.

Has anyone else with a 378TS have similiar issues or know what is the procedure to correct?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Pics 005.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	12776  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #2

Yes, it's a pretty simple alignment fix. But let the dealer do it. Take it in when you have a few more gripes (and you will) to work off and let the warranty cover all.

Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Do a little driveway camping and give everything a workout. ACs , generator, water heater under propane & electric, water pump, furnace, levelers, slides, refrigerator, microwave and just look around everything now that you have it home.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Do a little driveway camping and give everything a workout. ACs , generator, water heater under propane & electric, water pump, furnace, levelers, slides, refrigerator, microwave and just look around everything now that you have it home.
We did that, spent 3 nights on the dealer lot, 4 nights in a very local camp ground.

Our first real trip, 6 weeks in CO.
3 weeks at the dealer.

2nd trip 3, weeks in FL.
Only 3 days at the dealer. BUT HAY HAY they washed it .

Seems to be getting better.

Thanks for listening, I feel better
ab
Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Well after a long inspection, testing, replacing etc I drove my new Georgetown home. Everything I have checked again would flawlessly but that didn't last.

The large drivers side slide on the 378TS is not coming in evenly and has a gap of 1 1/2" on the rear of the slide sticking out at the bottom. The top is in and flush. . I have a call in to my dealer to schedule a fix-it time.

I know the hydralic pump has adjustments but I'm still too green to mess with the hydralics just yet.

Has anyone else with a 378TS have similiar issues or know what is the procedure to correct?

Thanks
Hey iggy

they all have a gap at bottom edge, top an sides should be flush, but you will have a gap on bottom edge, i looked at 1/2 dozen of these there all the same ... be interesting what you find out, if your dealer has more than one unit, run your hand under it....
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

I just had mine fixed. The bottom edge (not the sides) had come de-laminated from the backing board. This not only caused it to "stick out" but it was also wavy all along the bottom length of the slide. They had to take off the bottom trim piece (the piece was destroyed when they removed it) and put little nuts and bolts every few inches through the side of the slide and the backing board. This pulled into back flush to the backing board. It then went to the paint shop to paint the new trim pieces. Because of the paint job, it took about a week and a half to get it all done.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydriven View Post
Hey iggy

they all have a gap at bottom edge, top an sides should be flush, but you will have a gap on bottom edge, i looked at 1/2 dozen of these there all the same ... be interesting what you find out, if your dealer has more than one unit, run your hand under it....
I agree. This is pretty common and has been discussed before. As long as the gap isnt too large it's not much of an issue but might as well get it resolved to your satisfaction since you just spent so much on a new rig.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjb View Post
We did that, spent 3 nights on the dealer lot, 4 nights in a very local camp ground.

Our first real trip, 6 weeks in CO.
3 weeks at the dealer.

2nd trip 3, weeks in FL.
Only 3 days at the dealer. BUT HAY HAY they washed it .

Seems to be getting better.

Thanks for listening, I feel better
ab
My C+ is still in for repairs, had it 9 months, we have taken it camping 9 weeks, dealer has had it most of the time between trips and FR took it back to the factory for about 3 weeks back in oct. 2011. hope you have better luck with your georgetown.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
I just had mine fixed. The bottom edge (not the sides) had come de-laminated from the backing board. This not only caused it to "stick out" but it was also wavy all along the bottom length of the slide. They had to take off the bottom trim piece (the piece was destroyed when they removed it) and put little nuts and bolts every few inches through the side of the slide and the backing board. This pulled into back flush to the backing board. It then went to the paint shop to paint the new trim pieces. Because of the paint job, it took about a week and a half to get it all done.
so your saying the bottom edge of slide is tight to body of motor home , no gap when you run your figures along bottom edge ?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
Tim & Lisa Trempert

There is a gap along the bottom, but now it is even all along the bottom and not near as big as it used to be.