Old 03-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #11

The other half wanted washer dryer and I asked for splendid 2100. We got something that begins with p.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3wtf View Post
We just got it today. Made it home fine except backing into driveway I messes up trailer plug. I need to relocate it to on top of hitch. Was a little windy and was kinda moving around. From a 29 ft class c that had the safetplus and rear seaybar. Much quieter trying to get living room tv to play on "surround " sound. Loaded up stuff from garage and trying to find places for what we had in the class c. We are "camping" in the driveway this weekend. We are expecting 6 to 12 more inches of snow tomorrow night thru Monday. I guess it would be best to pull the slides in.

My rear plug was messed up when I bought it new. Apparently was damaged during delivery. Got it fixed at dealer than I crushed it backing out of a sloped driveway. A real design flaw. Right now I have my plug held in place with a couple of bicycle clamps. Think I'll leave it that way! Otherwise would have to move the bracket above the bar.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #13

Great! Sorry to hear about the plug on the rear.
Camping out in the driveway is the best way to shake down a rig.
We still would enjoy some pictures.

Iggy

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #14

On our new 328 the furnace howls some then stops and starts randomly. Any ideas?
Old 03-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #15

We picked up our 328TS on Monday, and spent two comp nights at a park close to the dealership. Our coach had the busted 7pin connector too.....they fixed it before we left, but I have a feeling it's going to break again. Other than that, everything went very well, and I didn't run into anything that requires a trip back to the dealer so far. So far we are very pleased. Expected at least some small problems......
Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3wtf View Post
On our new 328 the furnace howls some then stops and starts randomly. Any ideas?
Joe,

I posted the same problem with our 328. It was our bedroom furnace and while we were camping over Thanksgiving last year, it made a high pitch whirring sound that woke me up and I was so worried about it, we didn't use it the rest of the trip. Took it in and the techs swore they couldn't reproduce it. Short end of it, it just stopped. We have used it since and it hasn't happened again. So...perhaps it just needs to be broken in? Ours is fine now.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:51 PM   #17

Sounds like a real design flaw for the 328 regarding the trailer plug. Ours is completely busted. I actually recall it looking a bit bent on our first trip out after picking it up from the dealer. Went camping this weekend and saw another 328 and I noticed the trailer plug was situated on the side of the bar....now it all makes sense!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #18

Interesting about the furnace sound. I noticed that when I was testing during the shakedown trip, but I only ran if for a few minutes. It seemed to work fine, and didn't sound like it was messed up....just had kind of a howl. I wasn't planning on taking it back to the dealer for that.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #19

Well, ours was so loud it woke us up from a dead sleep and it was so loud you could hear it from outside as well. Perhaps it was just because it was new. We won't know if it will do it again until next season.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnlife1973 View Post
Sounds like a real design flaw for the 328 regarding the trailer plug. Ours is completely busted. I actually recall it looking a bit bent on our first trip out after picking it up from the dealer. Went camping this weekend and saw another 328 and I noticed the trailer plug was situated on the side of the bar....now it all makes sense!
Same thing on the 351. It's the way the manufacturer built the hitch. FR should have had it relocated at the factory. I bought the replacement kit that came with an L shaped bracket and installed it in the same place. I was in a hurry to get on the road and didn't have time to weld a bracket on top, grind off the old bracket, and repaint. Drove that way from OH to FL and back without a problem, but I'm sure it came close on a couple of areas.

It was no big deal when we ripped ours off, but I couldn't imagine having a toad and that happening...you'd have to fix it then and there.